The comprehensive food
safety information website
Senior Food Safety & Quality Technician
- Daybreak Foods, Inc.
Daybreak Foods, Inc., a top 5 domestic egg producer, seeks a Senior Food Safety & Quality Technician at our Marysville location.
Corporate Mission Statement:
At Daybreak Foods, Inc. we use the expertise and creativity of our people, together with industry, technology, and financial resources to develop, manufacture, and deliver superior food products and services to our customers.
We are committed to delivering high quality products with a strong focus on product safety, animal care and to continual improvement. Our product safety and quality programs are developed, implemented, and monitored to help us continue to meet regulatory, our customers, and our own high expectations.
We support these programs at the executive level in spirit, resources to accomplish our goals, and through the skills and abilities of those we charge with carrying out these duties.
We always endeavor to provide a safe, rewarding work experience for our employees, and to achieve unparalleled excellence, quality, and prosperity in our business.
Our Corporate Values:
We work hard to be a leader in the food products industry by providing superior value products to our customers, while at all times preserving and pursuing these core Company values:
· Meet or exceed our customers' expectations.
· Maintain honesty, integrity, and respect for all customers, employees and suppliers.
· Provide a safe working environment for our employees.
· Provide for the animals in our care.
· Recognize and reward achievement through process improvements, risk taking, creativity and innovation.
· Strive for balance between work and life activities.
· Contribute to the advancement of the poultry industry, agricultural sustainability practices and betterment of the communities in which we live and serve.
This position is primarily responsible for the quality, food safety and bio-security programs at producing facility including audits of egg processing, animal welfare and feed safety/quality. Indirect responsibilities for supervision of processing employees.
· Ensure compliance with quality parameters in the processing area in regard to company standards, customer requirements, GMP's, HACCP, and USDA regulations
· Provide oversight of the SQF program as an SQF practitioner
· Assist in leading the development, implementation, review, and maintenance of the food safety and quality system
· Take appropriate action(s) to ensure that the integrity of the SQF system is maintained
· Provide oversight of microbiological and physical testing of product, equipment swabs
· Audit and support of shell drying (as applicable per location), feed (as applicable per location), and Animal Welfare programs
· Compilation and analysis of data
· Communication and notification to Food Safety and Quality Systems Manager, Director of TS, Plant Management and Customers for normal communications, problem identification, out of compliance situations and process improvements
· Participate in Vendor Certification Program
· Support of Homeland Security and biosecurity programs required
· Provide oversight of processing activities and employees in absence of Processing Manager or other responsible person
· Provide informal leadership to employees, supervisors and management in regard to quality management and initiatives
· Attend weekly manager's meetings
· Bachelor's Degree in Quality, Food or Biological Sciences, or a related discipline is required
· SQF and HACCP certifications
· 2-5 years of experience in Processing or Production with 1 year of supervisory experience
Type of Experience:
· Experience in Food Manufacturing or Processing, medical or pharmaceutical
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Thorough knowledge of Food Quality Systems
· Strong organizational skills
· Good communication skills
· Ability to train to employees
· Ability to motivate employees to work within the company parameters
· Ability to work independently, with a minimum of supervision
· Detail orientation
· Computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite
· Previous Access and Power Point knowledge a plus, but must be able to learn
· Fluency in Spanish preferred, but not required
· Valid driver's license and dependable transportation required
· Hands on position
· Frequent walking
· Standing for long periods
· Lifting up to 50 lbs.
· Use of a telephone
· Use of personal computer including a keyboard and mouse
· Climb stairs or ladder up to 25 feet high
· Routine travel including some overnight
· Flexible working hours per company needs.
· Experience with Microsoft Access, PowerPoint and Outlook
· Informal leadership skills
· Fluent in Spanish
· Practice good personnel hygiene and comply with cGMPs such wearing hairnets, gloves, and safety equipment.
· Good motor skills
· Ability to lift up to 35 lbs
· Ability to enter confined space
· Ability to read, write and speak English
· Ability to sit or stand for long periods, frequent walking, climb stairs or ladders and squat
· Ability to use computer, typewriter, telephone and analytical equipment
· Ability to drive and/or ride in automobile or aircraft
· Vision and hearing adequate to perform job requirements
· Occasional travel, some overnight
· Wet, warm and cold, depending on area and season of the year
· Some chemical interaction
· Farms and mill may be dusty, hot, cold, and dirty
· Some exposure to animal agricultural environment
· Site specific coveralls, smocks are designated footwear; hearing protection, hairnets, head protection and eyewear are required
Submit resume via e-mail to email@example.com or mail to Daybreak Foods, Inc., P.O. Box 800, Lake Mills, WI 53551. - Attn: Human Resources. EOE, MFVD
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org