The comprehensive food
safety information website
Quality Supervisor - 2nd Shift - AdvancePierre Foods - Caseyville, IL
AdvancePierre Foods, a leader in the food industry, is a rapidly growing company that values a talented, diverse and dedicated workforce. We have an opening for Quality Supervisor - 2nd Shift. Our rapid growth allows us to provide a wide array of developmental opportunities, and we reward associates who are results-oriented, live up to their commitments, and who can align their work activities with the goals of the organization.
GREAT BENEFITS! (Medical, Dental, 401K Match) COMPETITIVE SALARY!
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
This Quality Supervisor position is responsible for carrying out the Quality departmental functions at the facility level. This position reacts to USDA, Food Safety, Regulatory, SSOP, HACCP, and Quality compliance and is a resource for all receiving, shipping, maintenance and production quality specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provide on-the-job and classroom training for both hourly Quality Technicians and production employees.
· Work with hourly Quality Technicians to further their skills in both written and verbal communication
· Schedule the hours and control the overtime of Quality Technicians at the production facility
Food Safety and Quality
· Support facility Food Safety/Regulatory Compliance programs such as Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP), Sanitation Standard Operation Procedures (SSOP's), and Sanitation Performance Standards (SPS) and all product Quality requirements established by both the company and by customers
· Schedule, coordinate and/or perform Food Safety, regulatory audits and/or verifications and all quality verifications
· Assist with maximizing facility efficiencies by proactively addressing situations that could lead to downtime or product loss
· Assist in development and enhancement of all programs and procedures
· Provide technical assistance and support to operations personnel as necessary
· Provide verification services in the areas of receiving, storage of ingredients, packaging and raw materials, pest control, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's), net weights, proper labeling, quality characteristics, and other general inspections, as needed.
· Support production in all areas of quality and conformance to product specifications
· Job responsibilities can require working variable hours, weekends, and some holidays
· Maintain effective working relationships with all levels of company personnel, USDA, and customers.
· Job responsibilities will include operation of a fork lift and/or pallet jack.
· Will cross-train at raw and RTE facilities in case of coverage needs
· Responsible for reviewing all Quality and HACCP records for accuracy and compliance with USDA regulation and/or company policy and effectively communicating discrepancies to Quality Leaders
· Initiate and track maintenance work orders in support of food safety and product quality programs
· Perform all assigned daily duties following all required safety procedures (lock out/tag out, slip and fall safety, etc.)
· Train and supervise assigned hourly Quality Technicians in carrying out their daily duties following required safety procedures.
General Management Skills/Core Values
· Be fiscally responsible in department and company as a whole
· Allow for and be a participant of ongoing innovations and process improvements.
· Lead by example, morally and ethically.
· Continue education to allow for personal growth and identifying current trends.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Bi-lingual (Spanish or Marshallese) skills beneficial.
INFORMATION SYSTEM SKILLS
Ability to manipulate data efficiently and effectively. Ability to demonstrate excellent research methods. Ability to draw conclusions from data, superior use of computer programs.
REASONING/DECISION MAKING SKILLS
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Responsible for technical understanding of job specific decisions.
· Stay on task and finish on time
· Complete short-term and long-term projects
· Maintain a continuous process
· Perform multiple tasks
· Analyze and create better methods for completing job functions
· Set, meet, and evaluate short-term goals and objectives
· Create, prioritize, plan, and complete job functions and projects with little or no supervision
· Possess good attitude
· Willingly carry out assignments
· Communicate clearly and concisely
· Ask questions when unclear of assignment
· Possess team-oriented attitude
· Communicate problems and solutions to others
· Train others on tasks
· Communicate effectively in stressful situations
· Remain calm when discussing emotional matters
· Knowledge and use of motivational language
· Ability and willingness to see other's perspectives
· Ability and willingness to be empathetic when appropriate
· Utilize leadership skills
· Behave in a professional and trustworthy manner in all work related situations
· Perform additional duties as required
JOB SPECIFIC SKILLS
Willingness and ability to successfully complete food safety and regulatory courses. Must have the ability to comprehend basis statistical process control, microbiological and meat science, as the job requires.
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year accredited college or university, preferably Food Science related field is preferred; and/or a minimum of five years related Quality and leadership experience. Must be HACCP certified from HACCP Alliance. Required to obtain SQF Practitioner Certification.
If you are interested in this great opportunity with a competitive salary, please apply now!
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/mx9vwqdmhq
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com