Provides the leadership necessary to establish and maintain
quality levels of products through sanitation, ingredient, and packaging and
quality systems management. Role is the Guardian of quality compliance and
challenger of all functions across the value chain to drive Continuous
Improvements, support to Operations, Supply Chain, and Consumer Services,
while fostering a cross functional quality, compliance and performance
culture. Is responsible for the leadership and the development,
implementation and management of all Quality Assurance programs and
activities. Provides technical expertise and support to ensure compliance to
NQMS / FSSC 22000, regulatory requirements, product quality, and food safety.
Utilizes tools such as auditing, process evaluation, trend analysis to
achieve continuous improvement and business objectives. Reports to the
Factory Manager with a functional reporting line to Corporate Quality
1. HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENT
Contribute towards maintaining, promoting and developing high health and
safety standards and lead by example to carry out all duties and specific
responsibilities in compliance with Quality and Food Safety Policies and
Procedures. Promote the culture change towards behavioral safety improvements
and support SHE compliance in all Operation Quality activities.
2. QUALITY – Factory Quality Manager is responsible to:
• Direct and supervise the development, implementation and administration of
QA activities in all phases of production at factory level (Nestlé Quality
• Drive improvements and monitor Quality Metrics/KPI's at the facility
• Promote quality awareness and ownership across value chain
• Monitor and assess performance of the quality systems, report its effectiveness
to management and implement actions for improvement
• Ensure compliance of the audit programs for internal and external audits
i.e. FSSC 22000, NQMS, NGA/Market audits
• Ensure the effective operation of HACCP and Food Safety Teams
• Drive Hygiene and NGMP programs across the whole factory and external
• Identify and apply “Standard Practices” within the facility or from the
• Be the factory Quality Pillar and champion NCE quality related activities
• Manage QA related projects from inception to final reports and
implementation that are based inside and outside the resources of the Dept on a factory-wide basis.
• Provide technical support/resources for Co-manufacturers and Affiliates,
which include insuring continued compliance to formal release requirements of
• Perform other duties as assigned
Factory QA Manager provide support to :
• Divisional TAG, PTC/R&D, Engineering, Vendors, Consumer Service, Sales
& Marketing and Supply chain on Quality related matters
• Marketing by participating in Product Reviews on factory and Corporate
• In close cooperation with Corporate Quality liaise with Consumer Services,
Marketing and Brand Manager by investigating and communicating consumer
complaint trends and resolutions
• NUSA Quality Supplier Management by providing service (as requested) for
Vendor audits, advice and follow up of actions plans
• Factory Crisis Management Team
• Communication of new and/or updated Regulatory Policies within the facility
• Support to local, State and Federal agencies when requested by Divisional
4. CULTURE DEVELOPMENT
• Facilitate the development of an open and productive culture where people
take pride & responsibility in what they do. Continually inform and
involve all relevant personnel in the exchange of information necessary to
ensure alignment to current and future objectives.
• Drive Monthly reviews of KPI’s and contribute towards meeting the yearly
business Goals for the Facility.
• Lead Monthly MQR reviews for the facility.
• Promote good communication skills and communicate effectively to others.
• Supervise the activities of department personnel, with strong emphasis on
MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
B.S. in Dairy Science, Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry, Biology or
similar scientific discipline.
• Minimum 5-7 years Quality Management experience, preferably in food
manufacturing or consumer goods industry. Within this there must be 2-3 years
of factory QA experience, preferably at a QA Manager level.
• Must have strong knowledge and understanding of food safety / HACCP, GMP’s,
Allergen Controls, Sanitary design/controls, pest control, basic food
regulations, specifications, analytical and microbiological lab methods
desired and basic food technology.
• Knowledge of Quality systems & principles
• Knowledge of Micro and Hygiene monitoring
• Must be capable of working in a fast paced environment with minimal direct
supervision and have strong demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, and
• Strong demonstrated verbal / written communications, influencing skills,
analytical and problem solving skills. Must be detailed and results oriented.
Statistical analysis experience is preferred.
• Developed understanding of finance targets and the overall budget structure
of the laboratory
• Operates with integrity and is respectful
• Experience with SAP and Trace software preferred.
• Nestlé NQMS or FSSC 22000 training or similar Food Safety and Quality
Systems training by Silliker, etc. Implementation
experience on Food Safety and/or Quality programs is strongly preferred.
• PC proficiency in Windows-based applications: Word, Excel, Access
The Nestlé Companies are equal opportunity and
employers and are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for
Minority / Female / Disabled / Protected Veteran.