ASSOC FOOD TECHNOLOGIST - Salisbury, MD
As the Associate Food Tech with Perdue, you will be responsible for development of food products in support of the Company business needs. You independently plan and conduct multiple project assignments. Project scope to include new products, quality improvements of existing products, cost optimization of existing products and technical brand maintenance, i.e., USDA/government compliance.
1. Promotes applicable safety, regulatory, GMP requirements in lab, pilot plant, and manufacturing facilities. Assists in writing of new policy and procedures as needed.
2. Executes Product Development projects to grow top line volume in support of New Product Development as a % of Revenue goals. Conducts and leads required lab, pilot plant, and plant experimentation.
3. Expert in Product Development process including: Ingredients, Food Processes, Sensory testing, Consumer testing, NPD Stage Gate Process, Costing, Plant Trials Commercialization, and related processes.
4. Documents all development work accurately. This includes written documentation of lab work, product showing, and plant trials.
5. Prepares accurate and timely specifications for all products developed. This includes: raw ingredients, formula, process and finished product.
6. The technical customer/consumer expert for assigned products and channels. Understands who the consumer is, why and how they use our products.
7. Interacts cross-functionally with Marketing, Purchasing, QA and Operations to successfully implement new product developments.
8. Leads Product Showings to evaluate products developed and competition.
Requires knowledge of the product development process from idea generation, bench top, scale up and commercialization. Ability to influence necessary cross functional partners for successful implementation of projects. Requires clear written and verbal communication skills. Excellent analytical knowledge and problem solving skills. Knowledge of ingredients including functionality, allergen considerations and cost. Should have an understanding of food manufacturing processes and the sequence of events necessary to convert raw materials to finished products.
Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience in Food/Meat Science or Food Engineering plus 0 -3 years related work experience.
Perdue family of companies is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com