Senior Product Innovation Manager R&D - Soledad, CA
Under direction of the Director Product Innovation R&D, position is responsible for providing technical product development and oversight for the Value Added Salad and RTE business segments.
· In conjunction with Product Innovation Strategy, manage the development, implementation and commercialization of new products. Define the technical development plan, scope, goals, timelines, budget and deliverables
· Coordinate project initiatives with cross functional team members in areas of product design, formulation, packaging, manufacturing, engineering, quality, food safety, finance, sales, business logistics, purchasing and ag operations
· Manage communications to project team members, key stake holders and senior management
· Manage large scale manufacturing tests within production facilities to optimize bench top protocepts and/or processes and determine associated cost drivers and associated equipment needs
· Review and approve commercial shelf life performance and ensure packaging design elements governing labeling and nutritional declarations meet regulatory compliance
· Manage aspects of new item launches which include specification issuance and the New Item Set-Up process
· Assist in scooping “fuzzy” front end innovation ideas and participate in product ideation sessions
· Supervise salaried and hourly R&D employees
o Other duties as assigned
· Strong knowledge of food technology, processing and microbiology.
· Solid understanding of post-harvest physiology. Strong comprehension of GMPs, HACCP, SQF, Labeling and Federal food regulations.
· Aptitude for conducting consumer research studies. Strong computer/statistical and analytical skills, particularly as related to data collection, manipulation and reporting.
· Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
· M.S. Degree in Food Science preferred with related experience, or B.S. degree in Food Science, Microbiology or related field with equivalent work experience
· 8 + years with related R&D activity
· Ability to maneuver around an array of equipment, bend, stoop, climb stairs and lift up to 25 pounds. Will have some exposure to fumes and airborne particles. Ability to travel. Able to work in a cold environment
Soledad 023, California, United States
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com