The comprehensive food
safety information website
Food Technologist or Associate Food Technologist - Collegedale, TN
Pay Rate Type:
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (other hours as required by business needs)
Posting End Date:
Best known for Little Debbie® snack cakes, America’s leading snack cake brand, Sunbelt Bakery® granola products, and Drake’s Cakes®, McKee Foods Corporation is seeking a Food Technology Professional to join our Product Development Team. With a solid understanding of the food development process, the individual in this position will assist with and/or lead in the development of new products, provide technical assistance for various stages of product development and troubleshoot processes and ingredients to improve quality and cost-savings. This is an exciting Food Science opportunity to work for a company that is committed to providing consumers with quality products at an excellent value. McKee Foods is a privately held, family owned company with a 50+ year history of innovation and treating employees with respect, and a deeply held belief in the importance of doing business with integrity.
Join our Product Development Team and you will
· Create new products from conceptualization through commercialization.
· Interact and communicate effectively with multiple departments.
· Serve on project teams to provide technical expertise related to product design needs.
· Conduct scientific research, focusing on ingredients and food systems and their applications in new products and existing products.
· Make formula changes for product improvement, process improvement, cost initiatives, waste reductions, and internal and external customer requests, including requests for health claims or other nutritional claims.
· Reformulate existing formulas due to supply chain interruptions, working within the ingredient statement and Kosher requirements in order to use existing packaging.
· Stay current in Food Science trends, the competitive environment of our products, and the food processing marketplace.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Required
· B.S. in Food Science or related technical discipline.
· Understanding of the product development process, including stage-gate methods.
· Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects.
· High level of initiative, assertiveness and self direction.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Ability to excel in a project team environment.
· Strong personal computer skills.
· Willing to travel to branch plants for extended time periods as required.
· M.S. in Food Science or related technical discipline.
· Familiarity with bakery processes and equipment (mixing, depositing, ovens, proofers, fryers, etc.).
· Familiarity with lab equipment and procedures.
· Experience with formulations and ingredients for baked and fried goods.
· Training and experience in the design of experiments or LEAN Manufacturing.
· Competitive pay scale.
· 401(k) with matching contributions.
· Health insurance, including prescription drug plan.
· Dental insurance.
· Vision care plan.
· Life insurance.
· Paid time off (for vacation, holidays, sick time, personal time, etc.).
· Direct deposit payroll.
· Credit Union.
· Shift differential pay.
· Exercise and recreation facility.
· Profit-sharing program.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org