The comprehensive food
safety information website
Food Safety Specialist - Buffalo Wild Wings
JOB PURPOSE: Provide food safety oversight of international food and
beverage suppliers by developing, maintaining and implementing a risk based
food safety approval program for international food suppliers and
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Develop, implement and continually improve product specific risk-based food safety requirements for international food suppliers.
· Develop, implement and maintain a comprehensive food supplier and distributor facility review, approval tracking and monitoring program.
· Manage the review and approval of international food and beverage suppliers food safety programs, third party audits, and documentation.
· Provide food safety education and guidance to internal and franchisee stakeholders to make educated decisions when working with new and existing suppliers.
Establish, implement and maintain an international supplier
third party audit program.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Maintain current and accurate records of all relevant communications, audits, inspections, corrective action plans and effectiveness monitoring for all approved and potential suppliers.
· Assist with developing controls for identified hazards based on science and risk-based principles for identified products.
· Perform risk analysis on new food items to determine inherent product risk.
· Recall execution for company directed food suppliers.
· Assist with monitoring of regulatory trends that may impact suppliers; communicate with suppliers as needed to track compliance.
· Participate in restaurant emergency contact hotline response night and weekend rotation.
Perform other related duties, tasks, and projects as assigned
including Supplier approval for additional brands as needed
· Strong understanding of international food safety regulations, best practices, HACCP and pre-requisite programs
· Ability to convey a Guest focused, brand protection mindset
· Skill in time management and organization with excellent attention to detail
· Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to make clear, concise and convincing food safety recommendations
· Ability to make appropriate business judgment and recommendations independent of supervisor
· Ability to travel periodically
· Working knowledge of Microsoft based software, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and OneNote
· A good educator who is trustworthy and willing to share information and serve as a mentor.
· Listens to understand others viewpoints. Anticipates needs of others and offers solutions.
· Able to clearly present issues both orally and written.
Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes
effectively with complexity and change.
Freedom to Act:
· Basic ability to work through problems without supervisor input
· The ability to make sound food safety decisions using risk management principals with little or no direction.
Size and Complexity:
· Ability to work in fast paced environment
· The ability to bring internal partners together to collectively drive food safety change.
· Ability to work with all levels within an organization and ability to work with diverse work groups
· Ability to contribute to teams and/or committees
· Field Leadership Team
· Restaurant Management
Home office business partners to include Directors and Vice
· Minimum BS in Environmental health, food science, biology or related field, or equivalent work experience with a minimum of eight years of food safety industry experience
· Corporate food safety experience in food manufacturing
· Work experience in International Food Safety
· A strong understanding of food manufacturing for multiple product categories
· Strong understanding of Federal food safety regulations and international food safety practices
Ability to travel periodically
· 2+ years of work experience in International food safety
· 4+ years of work experience in food manufacturing food safety and QA
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org