The comprehensive food
safety information website
Quality Assurance Manager - Doumak, Inc. - Bensenville, IL
Currently our Bensenville, IL facility has an immediate opening for a Quality Assurance Manager.
Doumak, Inc. is The Marshmallow Company. It was founded in 1921. We are a leading producer of marshmallows sold under the Campfire®, Fireside® brands and for private label. Our two Chicago-area facilities provide packaged marshmallows for distribution world wide through wholesale, retail grocery, and food service channels.
At Doumak, you will be part of a dedicated team, challenged to innovate and encouraged to apply your talent and knowledge in an excellent working environment that values integrity, teamwork, and diversity.
· Create, implement, monitor, and improve programs to assure the quality of the product.
· Responsible for the coordination and scheduling of Quality Technicians to ensure full shift quality department coverage to meet production needs.
· Assist with the Mock Recall and Traceability exercises.
· Maintain and develop QMS programs for compliance with IFS standard.
· Maintain and develop Food Safety Programs for compliance with FSMA.
· Participate in HACCP committee and maintain HACCP plans.
· Participate in the Doumak QA Council and Food Safety meetings.
· Interface with Customer Service in handling and investigating customer and consumer inquiries.
· Interact with customer Quality Departments.
· Responsible for Environmental Monitoring Program and Quarterly and Annual Testing.
· Responsible for fulfilling customer testing requirements and product release.
· Create, implement and improve Quality Policies, Programs, Procedures, and forms.
· Participate in customer audits, GFSI, and Regulatory Audits.
· Help to coordinate annual food safety training.
· Train employees on Food Safety topics.
· Coordinate and manage corrective actions from customers, audits, and internal programs.
· Maintain proficiency in ERP system (IFS) and other computer software as required by the department.
· Assist with responses to customer surveys and maintain customer supplier portals.
· Responsible for approving boiler, maintenance, and sanitation chemicals for use in the plant.
· Ensure effective communication between the Quality Technicians and the Production Supervisors to assure product quality.
· Ensure maintenance and monitoring of: retain and competitor benchmarking programs, plant mock inspections, MSDS books, Quality Log books.
· Oversee the plant pest control program.
· Order and maintain lab supply inventory.
Minimum of BS in Food Science or related field required. MS and MBA or additional graduate training preferred.
Combination of training and experience to meet FSMA definition of a Qualified Individual required.
Q.A. management experience in the food industry, preferably in confections. A strong working knowledge of world-class manufacturing and quality systems, including Lean Manufacturing. Experience with Global Food Safety Initiative (SQF, IFS, etc), HACCP, Root Cause Analysis, and Six Sigma. Must have an understanding of basic statistics. Must understand FDA, GMP’s and plant inspection processes. Understanding and experience with safety regulations and OSHA is required. Understanding good lab practices (GLP’s) helpful. Proficient in Microsoft PC based software.
We offer a competitive benefits package for those who join us. Applicants will be required to pass a drug screen and background check prior to being hired. Please forward resume by e-mail to: email@example.com OR fax to (847) 437-1809. Direct applicants only, please. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org