Dairy Plant Manager - Mississippi State University
This position provides administrative and technical guidance to the operation of the Custer Dairy Processing Plant (CDPP) of Mississippi State University. The Mission of the Dairy Processing Plant is to provide research, teaching and service support for the Mississippi State University and as a byproduct, process Cheese and other dairy products for public sale.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of this position include management and coordination of all the operations of the CDPP including but not limited to the following.
1. Manage, plans and schedules the daily operations of the CDPP.
2. Coordinate all supply and product purchases.
3. Oversee all plant functions, including processing, cleaning, maintenance, budgets, employees and marketing.
4. Responsible for making sure the plant fulfills its teaching, research and service functions which include making the plant available for teaching and research activities of the Food Science, Nutrition and Health Promotion Department.
5. Monitors all accounting procedures to assure compliance with the Mississippi, MSU policies and capital budget of the plant. Is responsible for State and University audits.
6. Responsible for expense control, including shrinkage, labor and overhead costs.
7. Comply with all regulatory agency requirements concerning food, environmental and
8. Work in conjunction with the Quality Assurance (QA) supervisor in maintaining practices in the Plant that assures product quality and safety.
9. Assist in conducting dairy plant tours as they are scheduled.
10. Respond to all questions and complaints from people in the University system and the public in conjunction with the QA Supervisor.
11. Interview, train, and evaluate staff and student workers.
12. Work with Human Resources in addressing staff performance issues.
13. Insure the compliance of employees to GMP’s, SOP’s, and the proper use of safety
equipment and procedures.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor of Science in a science based Food Science/Dairy Science program.
2. At least 5 years of commercial Dairy/Food production experience and must be familiar with dairy/food processing equipment and CIP systems for such.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
4. Must be familiar with automated ammonia refrigeration systems.
5. Must be able to manage a large cheese production and mail order business.
6. Must be familiar with Ice Cream and Fluid Milk production.
7. Must be versed in HACCP programs and verification and in GMP’s, State and Federal food safety regulations.
8. Must have excellent supervisory skills.
9. Must be able to use Windows Word and Excel programs.10. Must be available for occasional weekend duties.
11. Must have a Commercial Driver’s License.
Application Process: Mississippi State University accepts applications through an on-line employment site. To apply, please visit: www.jobs.msstate.edu, search by the Department, view the Dairy Plant Manager position and click on “apply for this posting”. The system will guide you through the electronic application form and requires the attachment of a cover letter, which should specifically address how the candidate meets the qualifications as outlined in the advertisement, resume, and a reference page with the contact information for three professional references. Please contact Mississippi State University Human
Resources at (662) 325-3713 if you require assistance with this process. A complete background check will be performed on the successful candidate.
For questions on the position, please contact Dr. Reuben Moore, Associate Director, Mississippi Agricultural & Forestry Experiment Station, at (662) 325-0866 or email@example.com .
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org