The comprehensive food
safety information website
Manager of Food Safety & Quality - Paso Robles, CA
Justin Vineyards & Winery
Paso Robles, CA
Justin Vineyards & Winery
The Food & Quality Manager is responsible for ensuring food products meet standards set by both their companies and regulatory authorities. Develops and reviews quality and safety policies and manages audits by third-party inspectors. Trains employees and recommends manufacturing and production processes related to Food Safety & Quality.
In today's environment of consumer awareness around food safety, increased litigation and social and main stream media focus on food safety, it has become increasingly important to develop proactive strategies designed to protect consumer health, brand reputation and stakeholder interests. It is also important to put procedures in place to comply with the changing regulatory landscape that is occurring though emerging regulations, such as the Food Safety Modernization Act ("FSMA").
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Collaborates with the regulatory team and corporate Quality Director to implement FSMA
· Ensures compliance related to FDA, FSMA and TTB requirements
· Develops and updates policies and standard operating procedures
· Educates employees on Food Safety & Quality policies and procedures
· Supports sanitation activates and ensures they meet compliance standards
· Performs audits and verification activities related to Food Safety & Quality
· Leads performance improvement efforts across the sites related to Food Safety & Quality programs
· Any other duties assigned
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
· Strong technical understanding of FS&Q standards and HACCP for beverage, tree nut, pomegranate and citrus facilities as well as in the orchards and fields
· At least 5-7 years of experience in the area of FS&Q at a food and beverage facility, with preferred experience in viniculture
· B.A. or B.S. in Food Science, Microbiology or related field is preferred
· Lean Six Sigma Certification
· Previous experience in oversight of FS&Q in multiple locations strongly desired
· Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Strong knowledge and applicable skills in using MS Office products- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
· Ability to effectively present information to Senior Management
· Experience dealing with FDA and other state/federal regulatory agencies
· Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match eligibility.
· Subsidized gym membership.
· Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice.
· Work life balance.
Located in Paso Robles, JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery was founded in 1981 and is known for crafting world class wines using Bordeaux grape varieties. Widely recognized for their iconic ISOSCELES Bordeaux blend, the wine that arguably put Paso Robles luxury winemaking on the map, JUSTIN is also known for their Cabernet Sauvignon. The property at JUSTIN features a Tasting Room, luxury suite accommodations and a Restaurant -- making it the only winery on the Central Coast to offer all three options. In addition to its stellar hospitality offerings, JUSTIN consistently receives top honors around the world, including a place in the Wine Spectator's world-wide Top 10 list in 2000 and 93 points for the 2009 ISOSCELES, further establishing JUSTIN as a leader in luxury Bordeaux variety winemaking. JUSTIN wines are available through discerning fine wine retailers and restaurants throughout the United States, or directly from the Winery via JUSTIN's Tasting Room, on-line store or to members of the exclusive JUSTIN Wine Society wine club.
JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com