The comprehensive food
safety information website
Flavorist Assistant - Sweet Goods (67242)
Requisition ID 67242 - Posted 18/10/2016 - US - United States - Cincinnati, Ohio - Creation, Application and Evaluation - Regular - Full-Time
Flavorist Assistant - Sweet Goods
Flavorist Assistant - Your Future Position?
From the moment we are born, right through into old age, the food we eat is defined by the flavours we enjoy. It is a lifelong journey of the senses, as tastes and aromas mingle to satisfy one of our most essential needs. As a Flavor Assistant with our North America Flavor Creation and Application organization, you will prepare flavour samples as requested for various projects, applications needs, technology performance assessment, QC standards, and physical testing; and interface with various functions (data lab, sample lab, applications, Product Information, Regulatory and account managers) on a fast paced, customer driven team.
· Bring your Passion: Exhibit a true passion and aptitude in tasting flavours and ingredients; assist in applying flavours to food products when assigned; participate in the evaluation of flavor application in food products and provide flavour performance feedback; and assist in sample preparation for operation of creation tools (Opus, mini-VAS, etc.).
· Utilize the very best of you: Act as the main point of contact to provide timely flavour samples for other labs and functions within Givaudan; ability to follow flavour formulations and to compound flavours with speed and accuracy; and demonstrate basic ability to prepare flavour delivery systems and assist with product evaluations and sensory tests.
· Drive Efficiencies and Excellence: Maintain a clean and orderly laboratory environment and lab equipment in accordance with EH&S guidelines and good laboratory practices. Maintain all required formula records and brief documentation in company database software (Lab Notebook, OpenText Athena, Atlas, Lot Number records, etc.); Maintain organized and updated stock of raw materials in the lab; and Maintain organized collection of flavours in the lab for immediate response to briefs, projects and applications requests.
Are you someone who wants to grow and shape your own world? Who thrives being in a culture where you can express yourself in a creative team environment? Who wants to collaborate and learn together with teams who are as passionate as you are? Then come join us - and impact your world.
Your professional profile includes:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Biology and 0-2 years’ experience in a food applications lab, production or related area - preferred.
· College Degree is Science (Chemstry or Food Science) preferred, or Secondary/High School diploma with 1-5 years’ experience in a lab, production or related area.
· Communicates clearly in written and verbal form; and demonstrated proficiency in using common PC applications.
· Basic understanding of research documentation protocol; and basic knowledge of handling lab equipment and handling chemicals used to perform lab functions.
Givaudan is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Your future employer?
Givaudan is the global leader in the creation of flavours and fragrances. In close collaboration with food, beverage, consumer product and fragrance partners, Givaudan develops tastes and scents that delight consumers the world over. With a passion to understand consumers’ preferences and a relentless drive to innovate, Givaudan is at the forefront of creating flavours and fragrances that ‘engage your senses’. The Company achieved sales of CHF 4.4 billion in 2015. Headquartered in Switzerland with local presence in over 80 locations, the company has more than 9,500 employees worldwide. Givaudan invites you to discover more at www.givaudan.com.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com