Food Technology Development Specialist - West Lafayette, IN - Herat, Afghanistan - International Programs in Agriculture (Job Number: 1401841)
Provide the critical coordination function for capacity building activities with the Herat University Faculty of Agriculture (HUFA), Herat, Afghanistan related to establishing a food technology department which would prepare students for the job markets. Key functions will include planning, staff and faculty development, curriculum development, student and faculty assessment, facility development and encouraging industry and Ministry linkages. This capacity building project involves institutions from several countries and funding sources which requires a specialist responsible for facilitating and overseeing all the activities.
· Master’s degree in Food Science or related field.
· Five years’ experience in curriculum design, management, food technology, strategic planning or related experience.
· Cross cultural awareness.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal, leadership and consensus building skills.
· Strong entrepreneurial, analytical and organizational skills.
· This position requires that the incumbent have the physical capacity to work under conditions including temperature extremes, potential power outages, the need to navigate through difficult terrain, and the potential for unreliable communications and transportation (including air transportation). Subject to post-offer/pre-employment physical examination and medical screening. Potential danger due to political environment - person will be stationed in Herat, Afghanistan.
· Proficiency in software: MS Office
· Prefer experience in: teaching university level food science, food science curriculum development, student and faculty assessment.
· Experience with international development.
· On-the-ground experience in Afghanistan.
· A background check will be required for employment in this position.
· FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
· Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period.
· Purdue University is an EEO/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org