QA Manager - Starbucks Coffee Company – Seattle, WA
Job Title: QA manager, Global Retail Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory
Company: Starbucks Coffee Company
Position Number: 70448358
Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to Starbucks Coffee Company success by managing the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of retail/foodservice quality and food safety programs to ensure the availability of safe, wholesome, premium quality finished products for our customers. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
· Influences product and operational design to ensure products and operating practices meet retail quality, product safety and regulatory standards.
· Conducts and documents reviews of new or changing products, equipment, fixtures, store designs or operating procedures that impact our retail stores.
· Collaborates with engineering to develop test protocols and procedures for evaluation and validation of quality parameters as it relates to equipment development and operations processes.
· Manages and continuously improves one or more retail-focused prerequisite programs to ensure safe and compliant retail stores globally.
· Understands and utilizes appropriate regulations and industry standards to establish a global framework for assigned program area, and manages program execution in the US and CAN.
· Build and manages supplier relationships for service providers in assigned program area.
· May directly manage, develop and inspire individual contributors.
· Analyzes quality metrics, audit data, customer feedback, regulator and workgroup input. Highlights trends and potential opportunities, and provides continuous improvement recommendations to department leadership.
· Leads investigation and resolution of food safety, service provider and/or regulatory incidents from regulators, retail stores, or internal and external customers. Determines and recommends appropriate mitigation activities.
· Develops and implements metrics to track effectiveness of assigned program to ensure internal and external customer needs are met and often exceeded.
· Delivers effective communications to provide partners at all levels with appropriate awareness and knowledge of quality assurance standards, requirements, program updates and process changes.
· Leads project teams to develop and implement new QA programs or continuous improvement initiatives. Collaborates and influences cross functionally and globally to create alignment of QA programs across the company.
· Maintains and builds expertise in product regulations, product safety best practices, local public health / foodservice regulations and industry best practices.
· Leverages knowledge to train more junior professionals in regulatory standards, QA processes and their role in the business.
Summary of Experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
− BS in science-related field preferred
− Registered Environmental Health Specialist (REHS/RS) or Certified Professional - Food Safety (CP-FS) preferred.
− Knowledge of FDA Model Food Code and California Retail Food Code
− Knowledge of ANSI/NSF Standards and methodologies for the sanitary design of food equipment
− Knowledge of HACCP principles and application at retail
− Knowledge of sanitary design and construction principles of food facilities
− Knowledge of food microbiology
− Knowledge of water and sewer safety and regulations
− Familiarity with integrated pest management
− Ability to build effective relationships and work as part of a team
− Ability to think and operate strategically
− Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
− Ability to lead small teams, to manage progress effectively in ambiguous and unstructured situations
− Ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver accurate outcomes
− Ability to multitask, be detail oriented and to remain calm under pressure
− Ability to manage and resolve conflicts
− Ability to assimilate new information quickly and react positively to new and challenging opportunities
− Ability to create and format templates, reports, and technical documents
− Ability to apply sound technical principles and practices to problem solving
− Ability to organize data, analyze information, draw conclusions and make recommendations
Global Quality, Food Safety and Regulatory
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org