Quality Assurance Manager - Atlantic Coffee Solutions - Houston, TX
We strive to be a “Great Place to Work" where Challenge and Opportunity are part of our daily objective. We are a company where dedication, hard work, acumen, and results are recognized and rewarded. If you are looking for a Career where you can use your talent and make a contribution, please consider this exciting opportunity!!!
Quality Assurance Manager Job Purpose: Assures consistent quality of production by developing and enforcing good GMP manufacturing practice systems; validating processes; providing documentation; managing staff.
Quality Assurance Manager Job Duties:
The Quality Manager is responsible for safeguarding product safety and quality while meeting Company and regulatory standards, and has oversight responsibility for a continuous quality improvement program that includes quality control and quality assurance. This person is responsible for ensuring that the production and distribution of products meets or exceeds all quality standards. This person also has responsibility for communicating quality results and the transfer of quality and QA knowledge to the workforce.
· Manages the operation of the plant laboratory, including ensuring supplies and equipment are available.
· Ensures product safety, regulatory compliance, and compliance with company standards as stated in the Quality Assurance Manual, Laboratory Manual, and Company directives.
· Drive continuous improvement in the areas of Quality Assurance and Food Safety by setting goals and identifying key performance indicators in this area of the business. Provides leadership in coaching, education and training of management staff and plant employees for Quality Assurance.
· Develops, facilitates and maintains the HACCP program.
· Maintains prerequisite programs and implements continuous improvement of QA protocols.
· Implements and maintains all ACS Foods quality systems
· Reviews all product labels used in the facility and ensures adherence to regulatory and Company standards.
· Conduct or direct supplier and internal food safety/GMP audits, and handle third party customer and regulatory food safety/GMP audits
· Ensures adherence to appropriate regulations and Company standards for quality.
· Communicates quality metric and inspection results to appropriate managers and others in leadership positions including, but not limited to daily, weekly or monthly KPI reporting Ensures that proper sanitation procedures are utilized and that adequate sanitation tests are performed; provides “troubleshooting” efforts in the event of sanitation system failure.
· Develops and maintains documentation of all required quality tests and activities.
· Assists Head of Operation Manager in managing local, state, customer/third party, and federal audits and inspections.
· Is responsible for expense management and control, including labor and “Cost of Quality” utilizing Continuous Improvement techniques and a Management Operating Structure (MOS).
· Ensures adherence to all contract packaging quality requirements.
· Manage the investigation and reporting of quality issues and implementation of internal audit control processes.
· Addresses customer complaints and initiates root/cause investigations in a timely manner.
· Assists in product development to ensure quality, sanitation and labeling requirements are met.
· Write and develop new procedures to ensure production of quality products and reduce costs.
· Cooperates in a cross-functional manner as a change agent with all departments within the Company.
· Must have strong focus on results.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· 5-8 years of industry experience in Food Manufacturing or related field. Preference is have specific experience with FDA manufacturing.
· Certified in HACCP Analysis.
· Strong Root/Cause problem-solving skills.
· Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices.
· Possesses a working knowledge of sanitation systems, techniques and procedures.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
· Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
· Possesses understanding of the basics of change management.
· Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Skill in organization and prioritization, and attention to detail.
· Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
· Ability to select, coach, develops, engage and retain a team of employees.
ACS is a Company is an Equal Opportunity employer M/F/Veteran/Disability All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com