Food Scientist / Process Development or Food Engineer - Georgia, Vermont
Perrigo Company plc is a leading global healthcare supplier that develops, manufactures and distributes over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription (Rx) pharmaceuticals, nutritional products, and active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), as well as receives royalties from Multiple Sclerosis drug Tysabri®. The company is the world's largest manufacturer of OTC pharmaceutical products for the store brand market and an industry leader in pharmaceutical technologies.
At Perrigo our successes are your successes. And when you grow, we grow too. Grow personally. Grow professionally. Grow with us.
Lead or support technology transfer of products and processes from development to commercial production, administer trial manufacturing protocol and change control programs and provide technical support for product, ingredient and process improvements. Participate and provide support for product development activities, which may include pilot plant scale up trials.
· Lead or support technology transfer activities of product and processes (for two manufacturing facilities and 3rd party vendors) from development to commercial production.
· Lead or support department staff in meeting department and plant goals.
· Responsible for preparing and approving manufacturing forms and related technical documentation needed to manufacture product.
· Evaluates processes and procedures that drive continuous improvement. Ensure effective communication within and between departments.
· Works closely with and is an integral part of the product development and planning process.
· Generate change requests for planned and unplanned deviations in Production.
· Participate in weekly technical and development meetings.
· Provide technical support to Operations and Quality and conduct root cause investigation.
· Participates with Manager in establishing and implementing annual goals and budgets.
· BS in a technical discipline including food science, food engineering or related life sciences degree. Minimum of 3 years' experience required in nutritional, food or related manufacturing area with prior experience with product development and product commercialization highly preferred.
· Knowledge and comprehension of various food manufacturing processes and concepts (aseptic & retort processing liquefaction, compounding, evaporation, spray drying, dry blending, unit packaging operations), and food manufacturing principles including microbiological control, food chemistry, food/ingredient interactions and functionality are essential. Infant formula knowledge considered a plus.
· Prior participation on project teams with previous record of successful project management and technical report writing is required.
· Proficient with office software (Microsoft Office, Excel, Access), laboratory control software (DCS/LIMS) and project management programs are essential.
· Training and/or experience with Lean Sigma, TQM and team based management environment preferred.
· Working knowledge of regulatory procedures and requirements including FDA, USDA, and quality systems (ISO 9000) is required. Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills are essential.
Georgia, Vermont, United States
Position Physical Requirements
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com