The responsibilities for this position will include all facets of product
development, from product definition to beta testing, launch, and post
launch evaluation, inclusive of finding key drivers to improve product
performance, execution, efficiencies and consistency to the consumer.
The Director role
will interface with key leaders from across the organization to drive
ideation, assess consumer trends, drive the research and development
process and ensure quality control from procurement to restaurant. The
Director manages the HACCP system and has oversight of culinary training
for the Papa Gino’s and D’Angelo brands.
• Working in close collaboration with the CEO, CFO and
Brand Heads, responsible for the implementation, follow-through, testing
and closure of product development (to include concept consumer panels,
creative showings, financial showing) for the purpose of maximizing results
and meeting timelines. Collaborate cross-functionally through each stage of
the Product Development process.
• Partner with internal subject matter experts and cross
functional leaders to meet budgeted metrics (i.e. COGS, labor, Guest
Satisfaction & Employee Satisfaction). Take responsibility and lead the
team on the culinary side to drive the food program at Papa Gino’s/D’Angelo
to be top in class.
• Drives the direction and early development of new
products/beverages and serves as an integral member of the Product
Development Team. Ensures that we have a steady stream of tested new
products ready for market introduction.
• Tests and evaluates new or existing products for
quality, shelf life, and operational feasibility. Completes analysis in a
written form. Writes procedures, recipes or test outlines for products to
be operationally tested.
• Trains test restaurants on procedures, monitors the
execution of test by visiting restaurants and completes the results in an
analytical spread sheet.
• Reviews or develops specifications for all products
purchased. Develops HACCP critical control points on high risk
• Maintains the nutritional data base and product
ingredients information for the Company, ensuring accurate information is
housed on the website and in restaurants.
• Manages the corporate test kitchen. Tracks all samples
or products to be tested. Maintains a high level of sanitation and
• Systematically identify, address and initiate
resolutions to unacceptable variance in product quality, especially sensory
attributes that could negatively impact the brand.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
and effectively collaborate with internal and external teams to drive
• Excellent written, verbal, presentation, organization
and project management skills.
• Skilled in using a personal computer which includes
thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Strong
working knowledge of POS inventory control and purchasing programs is
• Bachelor's degree in Culinary Arts, Food Science,
Business, Hospitality or a related field; or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
• 10-15 years of industry experience in product
development, recipe procedures, sanitation, and quality assurance.
• Regular and reliable attendance and punctuality.
• ServSafe food handling
certification or equivalent.
• Must have certified chef working papers from the A.C.F.