The comprehensive food
safety information website
Quality Assurance Manager - Charlotte, NC
Avendra is the leading supply chain and procurement services provider in the hospitality industry. We leverage the purchasing volume of our customers to create significant buying power, and consequently, the ability to negotiate the best possible deals with key suppliers. But that is only one part of why we are the best at what we do. We differentiate ourselves from our competitors with supply chain assurance, which helps control the integrity of products and services, customer support and innovation. Our smart, professional, and ambitious team of associates is why we are the industry leader. If you are looking for a collaborative work environment, continuous career development, and a healthy work-life balance, Avendra is the place for you.
What you should know about this position:
We have an opening for a Quality Assurance Manager. This position reports to Senior Manager, Quality Assurance. This position will be located in the Southeast United States and will work out of their home when not travelling to supplier or customer locations. The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for increasing customer satisfaction through resolving issues with suppliers, products, and services. The Quality Assurance Manager is also responsible for empowering the highest degree of food safety protection from our suppliers.
We’re looking for the following skills:
· Ability to deal with multiple projects simultaneously
· Ability to work at a faster-than-average pace
· High quality standards that will not be compromised
· Drive, determination, and a self-disciplined approach to achieving results
· Quick decision making while supporting company guidelines and authority
· Act as the central point of contact for quality-related issues as reported by contracting, purchasing, contracted customers and contracted customers vendors, thus facilitating rapid resolution of problems as they are communicated.
· Conduct critical Supply Chain assessments on Avendra suppliers in the form of Meet-the-Truck Audits.
o During the Meet the Truck, conduct Value Added Services as directed by the VP of Quality Assurance. Document and report findings to Account Management, Customer Care, and Contracting as necessary.
o Conduct Service Reviews of Avendra Suppliers with the all aspects of the hotel including the Director of Engineering, the Director of Rooms, and/or the Director of Housekeeping.
o Professionally communicate all property level findings with the appropriate hotel personnel including the Executive Chef, Director of Engineering, Rooms Director, and the General Manager.
o Evaluate, consult and follow through on all critical observances during Meet the Truck Audits and Service Reviews. Engage Field Support, Account Management, Contracting Representatives, and Suppliers in order to obtain timely and meaningful resolution.
· Perform Food Safety Audits and Reviews at national and regional suppliers to mitigate customer risk and ensure the safety and quality of processes and products. Document and ensure resolution on all critical observances. Follow-up with the Contracting Representative with all pertinent information in approving or disapproving the supplier for Avendra.
o Evaluate, consult and ensure resolution on all critical observances third-party based audits within the geographically assigned region. Follow-up with the Contracting Representative with unresolved and/or significant findings.
· Correspond, coordinate and participate in Contracting Initiatives including Coordinated Distributor Reviews (CDR’s), Regional Field Advisory Teams (RFAT’s), and Product Category evaluations. Provide detailed value assessments on performance, product, and service related aspects.
· Perform Market Basket and Food Optimization studies on an as needed basis. Leverage Avendratechnology and product expertise to achieve study goals.
The ideal candidate for the Quality Assurance Manager role will meet the following requirements:
· Experience in quality assurance, food science, food manufacturing, or culinary discipline, including experience communicating with various levels of Senior Management
· Strong analytical skills
· Excellent problem resolution skills
· Administrative experience including use of Microsoft Office applications
· Ability to travel 50% of the time with trips that could be up to a week
Years of Relevant Experience
· Three to five years of relevant work experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field required
QA Manager-Quality Manager-Quality Systems Manager
What we want you to know about us:
Knowledgeable and skilled associates are the backbone of industry leaders like Avendra. With our collaborative culture, associates are encouraged to learn, ask questions, take on new challenges, and understand different perspectives. Our associates take pride in their work and endeavor to provide the best solutions. Our team of smart and motivated associates has been our true key to success over the past fourteen years.
Once selected to be a part of the Avendra team, associates go through a thorough onboarding process. All associates are encouraged to take advantage of opportunities to develop current skills and learn new ones through our Avendra University class offerings. Internal and external training opportunities as well as tuition reimbursement are available.
To support our associates, we strive to have superior benefits and a rewarding and supportive work environment.
· Several medical plan options that offer great affordability along with dental and vision coverage
· Life, AD&D, short and long term disability that are company paid. Supplemental insurance is available
· Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with employer contributions of up to 6% (which are 100% vested immediately)
· Paid Time Off -- 20 days to start!
· Tuition reimbursement
· Avendra University -- internal training program
· Associate Purchasing Program where associates can purchase discounted products and services, such as TVs, mattresses, and hotel stays through our customer and supplier partners
· Social committee that offers an assortment of activities for associates to participate in throughout the year
· Rewards and recognition program with nominations coming from peers
· Charity Days/Fun Funds where each department supports a local community organization with their time
Don't see the right job? Complete our General Application to be considered for future positions.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com