The comprehensive food
safety information website
QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER - AIRPORT LOUNGES Job - New York, NY
Date: Oct 31, 2015
Location: New York, NY, US
A Fresh Approach To Great Results.
At FLIK, our operating philosophy is centered on three essential factors: great food, great service and great people.
A FLIK Family-Then & Now. Great Food and Great Service are only possible with Great People behind the scenes. FLIK’s steadfast dedication to the training and support of our associates continues to nourish our vision and growth. Dedication, diligence, operational excellence and hands-on expertise are FLIK trademarks – only achievable through the work of our team of professionals. We embark on a relationship with every FLIK associate that provides, demonstrates and cherishes growth, education and ongoing mentoring – today and every day.
Working as a Quality Assurance Manager for FLIK will allow you the opportunity to work with GREAT people like yourself! You will be surrounded by people who are passionate about what they do.
The Quality Assurance Manager executes a variety of supply chain diligence activities necessary to ensure safety and quality of supplied food and/or beverage products for multiple British Airways lounge locations. Primary responsibilities include vendor certification activities and related supplier performance and product conformance monitoring activities. A strong background in manufacturing and quality assurance is a must.
· Contributes to execution of supplied product safety and quality programming to support the organization’s goals of operational excellence, customer/client satisfaction, financial performance, market leadership, and preferred employer.
· Contributes to execution of comprehensive plan for company-wide vendor certification across a diverse and dynamic supplier and product base.
· Evaluates supplier and product conformance to standards and specifications.
· Contributes to advancement of supplier standards and product specifications.
· Responds to supplied product safety and quality issues, including defect complaints and recalls and other alerts/advisories.
· Assumes responsibility for a variety of assignments and projects, potentially including: support of company-owned food processing and distribution facility quality assurance programming; technical support of product specification and sourcing; private-label, external sales, and other procurement and business initiatives. Supports both purchasing group (Foodbuy) and Compass programs and projects.
· Conducts a variety of technical research; develops briefs, position papers, standards, processes/procedures, executive summary documents, and similar written materials associated with role/responsibilities and assignments.
· Prepares tracking, trending, exception, summary, and other reports associated with supply chain diligence activities and assigned roles and monitoring/measurement responsibilities.
· Works collaboratively and cooperatively with department Food Safety (Operations Compliance) staff on routine matters, e.g. complaint investigations and recalls, and special projects.
· Actively and cooperatively participates in team collaboration efforts to improve common workflows, procedures, and tasks to increase efficiency and assure stakeholder satisfaction.
· Other tasks and projects as assigned by the Senior Vice President of Operations.
· 65% travel is required, covering United States and Canada.
· At least 5 years of directly related experience required, including manufacturing quality control and quality assurance, and auditing.
· Prior airline catering experience preferred.
· HACCP-certified is required.
· Working knowledge of food processing and distribution regulations, i.e. FDA and USDA/FSIS, and industry practice.
· Track record of food safety/QA success in any of the following focus areas a plus: produce, dairy, proteins (meat, poultry, seafood), processed foods, distribution, proprietary/private-label product development and/or monitoring.
· B.S. degree in food technology, food science, or related curriculum and/or experience required.
· Technical competence and confidence is critical.
· Must be a strong, persuasive communicator and coach, with the ability to relate to other professionals, peers, and field operators, both technical and non-technical.
· Strong data management, reporting, and technical writing skills.
· Multi-task and project management proficiency.
· Ability to effectively plan, organize, and prioritize work.
· Analytical thinking is essential. Intellectual curiosity a must.
· Ability to function effectively within a fast-paced, diverse, and evolving corporate culture is necessary.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and ability to learn various software and web-enabled programs.
Charlotte-based Compass Group North America is the leader in foodservice management and support services. By combining fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent, we continue to set the standards for food and service excellence. Our vision for success is a powerful one – to continue to rise above the competition in every aspect of our business – from leading-edge technology, to purchasing, to foodservice, to catering and vending, to facilities management and support services. That kind of commitment commands only the best, and it's our great people providing great service that generates our great results. In turn, it’s important to us that our talented employees be given the proper resources to achieve their fullest potential.
Great People. Great Service. Great Results.
At Compass Group North America, our superior balance of efficiency and quality attract the highest caliber level of service our clients deserve. We retain the finest workers with a highly competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits plan. If you're looking for a career where you set the standard for personal advancement, then Compass Group North America is for you! Working together, we will continue to experience success as the industry's best.
Achieving leadership in
the foodservice industry
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org