Food Safety & Quality Regulatory Associate-SID00701 – Sidney, OH
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 155,000 employees in 68 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Sauces & Oils
refines vegetable and tropical oils and animal fat for a wide range of food
and nonfood manufacturers. We also make shortenings, frying oils, mayonnaise,
dressings, and sauces for the foodservice industry.
This position is responsible for collecting, analyzing, and presenting information critical to Quality and Operation teams decision-making. This position will collaborate with other functions and provide support to solve customer and operational issues. Coordinates, communicates and documents activities to ensure consistent, high-quality response to internal/external customer requirements, quality/food safety initiatives, operational compliance issues and overall health of the quality and documentation systems. Responsible for executing quality & food safety procedures and inspections to ensure compliance with company, customer and governmental requirements.
40% - Conducts routine quantitative and qualitative inspections on raw materials, in-process materials, finished products, processes, & utilizing complex equipment as outlined in the quality assurance plan for the purpose of ensuring food safety, quality & regulatory compliance.
30% - Provides operational support, project support, investigative and troubleshooting assistance. Will be asked to perform moderately complex calculations or execute moderately complex analytical comparisons or experiments.
20% - Assist with product disposition and inventory management activities – including: reviewing expired inventory, development of rework planning and approval process, reconciliation product inventories. Prepares reports and customer facing documents
5% - Assist in creation and maintenance of Cargill documents for Quality and Food Safety Programs. Maintain document control sytems for purposes of food safety, regulatory and general compliance as well as audit support. Assist in audits,recall/mock recall drills.
5% - Other duties as assigned
Relocation assistance will not be provided.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, climb ladders, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception. Performs computer keyboarding for data entry on a regular basis. The employee must be able to work rotating 8 hour shifts routinely and on occasion up to 12 hour days, including weekends. Work shifts can vary depending on staffing needs. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will have occasional exposure to weather conditions. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment- hard hat, eye protection, hearing protection, and steel toed boots. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Routine physical activity including standing, walking, typing, lifting, and climbing.
· Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biology, Food Science or applied science OR completion of a 4 year degree program complimented by 1 year relevant manufacturing experience
· Familiarity with standard laboratory procedures & equipment (acids, bases & solvents)
· Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
· Proven ability to behave in accordance with Cargill’s values and ethics
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
· Must be able to walk, sit, or stand for extended periods
· Able to navigate safely in an industrial environment (e.g., ladders, stairs, stationary and moving industrial equipment)
· Ability to work 12-hour rotating shifts
· Flexibility to work nights, weekends, overtime and holidays
· 2+ years experience in food, beverage, or pharmaceutical manufacturing
· Basic food safety knowledge with specific emphasis on Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP), Good Manufacturing Processes (GMPs), labeling, food additives, sanitation, and/or food microbiology
· Ability to manage small projects
· Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
· Demonstrated plant manufacturing quality knowledge
· Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Quality Assurance/Food Safety
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com