We are currently recruiting for an experienced Senior
Food Technologist to join our R&D team as we take the company to the
next level of growth. In this position, you will report to the R&D
Director and be responsible for developing new products across multiple
product categories from bench development to commercial launch. You will be
managing various projects that include interaction with suppliers, co-packers , and our manufacturing facilities. You will
also be responsible for designing an internal project management tracking
1. Formulate food products with high quality, simultaneously considering
critical technical issues such as: food safety, food stability/shelf-life,
cost, nutrition, scalability, etc.
2. Work with various departments to gather information and understand the
timeline hurdles and interactions to lead in the design and implementation
of a project management system.
3. Solve complex technical problems related to the development,
manufacturing, and/or improvement of food products and processes
4. Anticipate potential development challenges and proactively identify
development approaches and contingency plans
5. Ability to create an experimental design (as needed) and conduct data
analysis and provide interpretation and technical recommendations
6. Recommend testing at outside test labs and analyze data and draw
conclusions from a variety of microbiological, chemical and physical tests
7. Work with ingredient suppliers to source and select appropriate
8. Assist in and occasionally lead the scale-up and commercialization of a
wide variety of food products in co-pack contract manufacturing locations
9. Expertise in a variety of food manufacturing unit operations and
demonstrated ability to learn new technologies
10. Ability to troubleshoot technical, formulation and processing issues during
pilot plant and factory runs
11. Comprehensive product documentation to enable smooth commercialization
and training of plant personnel.
12. Write protocols and administer shelf life studies
Key Competencies and Knowledge Required:
1. Knowledge of product development, ingredient functionality, and
understanding of food systems
2. Strong formulation skills and understanding of meat processing.
3. Manufacturing production & processing experience with an
understanding of raw materials, production processes, quality control,
costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and
distribution of goods.
4. Knowledge of GMP's (Good Manufacturing Practices), HACCP (Hazard
Analysis and Critical Control Point),GFSI
Programs, food security regulations, sanitation, and other appropriate
industry and government agency guidelines and regulations.
5. Excellent analytical skills, along with advanced math & computer
6. Possess strong oral and written communication skills in order to
communicate with all levels of management.
7. Excellent organizational skills and a high attention to detail, both in
written documentation and verbal clarity.
B.S. in Food Science, Food Engineering or similar scientific discipline is
required. M.S. in Food Science or related field preferred.
Five to seven years of food manufacturing experience, 2+ years
meat industry experience is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
- Food Manufacturing: 5 years