Work is Sweet!
'Quality without Compromise' is not just a motto at
See's Candies. It is the most important ingredient in our recipe for
success. See's Candies has been in business since 1921 and maintains a
reputation for producing the highest quality candy and providing superior
See's is a leader in the confectionary industry with
over 250 retail shops across the USA.
The Food Safety & Quality Assurance (FSQA)
Supervisor is responsible for supporting the FSQA Manager in developing,
implanting and enforcing Food Safety Programs for the Rollins Road
(Burlingame) and Daly City facilities to achieve compliance with FSMA
regulations. Monitors and maintains See's Food Safety and Quality Programs
to ensure compliance with all applicable Federal and State Food
1. Implements existing corporate FSQA programs in
both the lollypop manufacturing plant (Burlingame) and the packing (Daly
2. Works closely with Food Safety Manager to develop
FSQA programs such as HARPC, Food Defense, Traceability, Environmental
Monitoring etc. in both facilities.
3. Develops and maintains documentation including forms,
policies and procedures as relate to any food safety to ensure compliance
with changing requirements.
4. Develops and provides training for food safety
5. Coaches, trains, and develops Quality Assurance
Inspectors at Rollins and Daly City on newly developed programs.
6. Participates in semi-monthly facility audits.
Responsible for verification of corrective actions executed by other
departments, including verification of sanitation corrective actions.
7. Monitors GMPs and food safety practices.
Identifies deviation and partners with management to implement corrective
8. Functions as FSQA Assistant Manager on 2nd shift
during peak season (September -- December)
9. Participates in departmental training and
10. Participates in See's safety meetings; implements
new requirements with QA inspectors.
11. Completes additional projects as assigned by
1. 2-5 years of Quality Assurance experience in the
2. Excellent communication skills; proven ability to
supervise and motivate employees.
3. Bachelor degree in Food Science or related science
4. SQF Certification or knowledge of SQF standards.
5. HACCP certification required.
6. Self-starter with demonstrated high level of
7. PC Proficiency: Windows, MS Office (or equivalent
To apply for this position, please submit your resume
through this link:
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
SEE'S IS AN EOE
Job Type: Full-time
Local candidates only:
- Quality Assurance: 5 years