R&D Analytical Technician
Research & Development
Conducts chemical and physical lab analyses
to determine the composition and properties of beverages, raw materials or
ingredients, and packaging materials for research or quality assurance
programs. Assists in the processing of samples to a condition ready for
analysis. records and reports data in LIMS system.
· Conduct laboratory chemical and physical analyses and/or instrumental test procedures and calculate and report the assay results.
· Must be thorough with the methods, techniques and produce accurate and timely analytical results.
· From time to time, process submitted samples into forms ready for analysis, such as compositing samples and/or grinding solid samples to a homogeneous mixture.
· Prepare and maintain chemicals, chemical solutions, sample dilutions, and equipment as needed for the performance of analyses.
· Perform analyses on submitted samples using standard and other detailed methods of analysis.
· Capable of learning & applying all lab techniques, and learn new technologies as it's being implemented
· Maintain accurate records and documentation and assure the reliability of measurement systems by using appropriate GLP.
· Organize and purge all samples on a routine basis.
· Document all data in appropriate electronic laboratory notebooks, LIMS, and communicate results in a thorough format.
· Work in a group and closely with the scientist responsible for the assigned analytical techniques.
· Is a quick learner, flexible and able to multi-task dependent on the types of work that the department supports at the time.
· Must be very familiar with and understand, follow, and execute all GLP and lab safety practices.
· Must understand and follow safe handling of hazardous chemicals and have an appreciation of the normal hazards associated with laboratory work.
· Knowledgeable in multiple analytical techniques, including HPLC, and wet chemistry methods.
· Must keep neat, orderly, and complete records; be able to perform basic mathematical calculations, and be able to prepare graphs and tables using appropriate computer software.
Knowledge and Experience:
· B.S. in Food Science or Chemistry with 1-2 years (or more) experience with basic analytical techniques in an industrial setting (i.e., research and development or a commercial manufacturing environment)
· Capable of learning and applying various techniques of analysis
· Analytical techniques include pH, titratable acidity, Brix, density, etc.
· Familiarity with LIMS and ELN is preferred.
· Good oral and written communication skills
All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
Job Ref: 82250BR
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com