Research and Development Technologist
Location: Londonderry, NH
Department: Research and Development
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Mid Level
FoodState is a pioneer in the natural products industry, being the first company to make vitamins from scratch, with farm fresh whole foods. For 40 years, we have been making wholesome nutritional supplements that deliver the promise of farm fresh foods. All of us at FoodState are committed to producing the most authentic nourishment possible, and are dedicated to improving the lives of others with the products we make.
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND FUNCTIONS:
We are seeking a detail-oriented Technologist to research, develop and install new product concepts and optimize existing process efficiencies. He/she will be responsible for executing the strategy, communicating results to Stakeholders as well as working with Operations to implement concepts and process efficiencies. This position is also responsible for managing investigations, experimental design, and formulation testing.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
· Develop new products and improvements of current products to deliver on objectives of the annual business plans.
· Apply sound manufacturing techniques to design products, which meet set specifications.
· Lead multiple complex development projects using detailed investigations, well thought out experimental design, sound scientific techniques and data based decision-making.
· Investigate the impact of product and process challenges.
· Interact with other departments (Operations, Marketing, Brand, and Accounting) to determine equipment, materials and processes necessary to produce products that are manufacturable, and optimize product quality and differentiation.
· Provide accurate product cost information to our Accounting Department while maintaining the integrity of data entered into manufacturing systems.
· Ensure that technically sound sensory panels are conducted for product development, shelf-life studies, improving/maintaining present products and competitive testing.
· Identify and complete technical studies of ingredients and suppliers relevant to meeting project objectives.
· BS degree in Biology, Chemistry or Food Science
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in Supplement, Pharmaceutical or Food industries operating under GMP or ISO environments
· Familiarity with NOP requirements and laboratory skills a plus
· Excellent interpersonal, quantitative and project management skills required
· Proficiency in Excel and Word
WHAT WE OFFER:
A company that is in the business of
improving peoples’ lives
Very competitive compensation plan that is salary plus commissions on sales and comprehensive benefits that are available your date of hire: medical, dental and life insurance, 10 paid holidays, and 12 days of PTO your first year, increasing to 15 days of PTO after your first anniversary and a matching 401(k).
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com