The comprehensive food
safety information website
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Analyze sanitation needs, and make recommendations for improvements while minimizing food safety risks and keeping best sanitary conditions.
· Lead and coordinate sanitation staff activities and goals.
· Create and maintain Master Sanitation Schedule.
· Assist in the development of Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs) and related trainings in all departments.
· Develop and provide training and assessments to support food safety and sanitation systems.
· Coordinates trainings for operators and staff on chemical safety, use of sanitation equipment, and sanitation procedures.
· Work closely with sanitation chemical providers and pest management contractors to maximize technical expertise and to drive results while being cost effective.
· Manage chemical and cleaning supply inventories.
· Manage the integrated pest management program.
· Investigate potential sanitation issues, which may result in product contamination, reduced shelf-life, or customer complaints or rejection of products. Assist in the identification of root cause and corrective actions.
· Interface with production teams and supervisors to resolve food safety/quality questions and to implement continuous improvement projects.
· Conduct food safety verification and validation activities to ensure systems are working well across the manufacturing facility.
· Provide input on sanitary design of equipment and building changes or capital projects.
· Adhere to GMP’s, Standard Operating Procedures, and Safety Regulations consistently.
· Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Strong understanding of manufacturing and sanitation requirements to meet personnel safety, food safety, and quality standards.
· Basic technical knowledge of COP and CIP, cleaning and sanitizing chemicals, and sanitary design of food processing equipment
· Experience with training sanitation and production personnel.
· Knowledge of standards and regulatory issues related to Kosher, Gluten Free, Organic, and/or Non-GMO Project.
· Effective communication skills with ability to resolve questions cross-functionally
· Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
· Knowledge of food science, food processing techniques, processes, and measurements.
· Highly proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Power Point, Excel, and Access.
· Write in a technical format and articulate to a broad audience.
· Interpersonal and team skills for working with employees at all levels within the company.
· Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills.
· Ability to actively listen, understand, and provide assistance to others.
· Effectively manages priorities to meet dynamic deadlines.
· Self-motivated, flexible and positive in a fast-paced business environment.
· Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
· Work in an environment with medium level safety risks.
· Work unusual hours as required to accomplish job tasks.
· English language literacy, including effective oral and written communication skills.
· Physical Requirements include:
o Exposed frequently to an environment with high levels of seasoning dust and fumes, heat, humidity and moving machinery.
o Frequent sitting and repetitive motion with hands with dexterity to key board.
o Occasional standing, walking, and talking.
o Infrequent climbing, stooping, bending, reaching and turning/twisting.
o Infrequent lifting of up to 50 pounds.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Microbiology or similar field
· Minimum 2 years of progressive responsibility in food processing and/or quality assurance, or equivalent.
· Experience with 3rd party food safety audits.
Pre-employment drug testing required. AA/EOE/M/F/D/V.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com