Sanitation Manager, 3rd Shift - AdvancePierre Foods - Easley, SC
AdvancePierre Foods, a leader in the food industry, is a
rapidly growing company that values a talented, diverse and dedicated
workforce. We have an opening for Sanitation Manager,3rd Shift. Our rapid growth allows us to provide
a wide array of developmental opportunities, and we reward associates who are
results-oriented, live up to their commitments, and who can align their work
activities with the goals of the organization.
(Medical, Dental, 401K Match) COMPETITIVE SALARY!
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
for the sanitation of all manufacturing areas. Responsible for the effective
utilization of employees, training, skill development, quality of work,
safety policy administration, employee relations, cost control, problem
solving, and goals/objectives. Also, responsible for the direction and
management of all sanitation supervisors.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manages all plant sanitation
operations' employees, including supervisors, management trainees and
- Observes supervisor performance.
Trains supervisors in proper procedures, standards, policies, handling
of employees, equipment, and proper sanitation procedures.
- Observes employee performance and
follows up with the supervisor on changes needed.
- Reviews and approves all
performance reviews and pay increases prior to employees being informed
to assure policy compliance.
- Writes and gives sanitation
supervisors performance reviews.
- Observes daily sanitation
operations and alerts appropriate supervisor of problems or
- Receives and reviews all
- Signs all levels of discipline
given out in the department prior to being given to employee. Informs
Human Resources of needed discipline.
- Recommends discipline when needed
and ensures discipline is carried out quickly, fairly, and consistently
within the department.
- Prepares and/or receives and
reviews all accident reports and directs supervisor to correct problems.
- Inspects areas for safety hazards
and observes employees for safe work habits.
- Responsible for daily compliance
to all T.Q.C. regulations. Directs supervisors in areas of concern.
- Interviews prospective hourly
employees. Recommends new hires.
- Develops quarterly goals and
objectives. Helps supervisors develop quarterly goals and objectives.
- Communicates with USDA Inspector
and responds to any non-compliance reports that maybe generated from
observed deficiencies during inspections.
- Prepares and manages all
documentation needed for any outside Food Safety Audits.
- Attends meetings and keeps
informed of changes in policy, procedures, goals or problems.
- Responsible for sanitation goals
and quality of work.
- Explores ways to reduce manpower
and other costs needed to sanitize plant without jeopardizing quality.
In addition, researches and proposes equipment and employee utilization
for cost effectiveness and presents proposals to Plant Manager.
- Coordinates with other
departments for downtime solutions.
- Prepares sanitation reports used
in the operation of the department.
- Communicates and follows up to
meet safety goals.
- Communicates and enforces company
policies, dress code, work rules and performance standards. Reviews
personnel actions with Human Resources to insure they are consistent
with the policy.
- In the event of absence, the next
level down on the organizational chart covers for the next level up.
- Employee has an individual
responsibility to report all deficiencies or practices that could
compromise food safety.
- Employee is to adhere to all Good
Manufacturing Practices (GMP) at all times.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to work in extreme
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must have a basic understanding
- Must be able to interact with
other Department Managers/Team Managers.
- Must possess some team building
- Must be able to work third shift.
- Must be able to maintain employee
- Must have an outstanding
- Must be able to treat all
employees fairly and consistently.
- Must possess excellent problem
solving and communication skills.
- Must be able to work well with
- Must have good written and verbal
- Must have a good overall
knowledge of TQC, GMPs, and USDA guidelines.
- Must have a good understanding of
all company policies and be able to consistently administer those
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma required.
- Some college preferred.
- Minimum 3 years
- Must be willing to take
management skill test.
If you are interested
in this great opportunity with a competitive salary, please apply now!
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/jzzdgr86qk