The comprehensive food
safety information website
Food Scientist I, II - Tukwila, WA
Love Food? Love Research & Development? Love working with People?
Continental Mills is hiring a Food Scientist to join the R&D team in Tukwila, WA!
Our company is a reflection of the people who represent it. CM has inspired, creative team players who bring our purpose, values, and mission to life. We attract top-notch professionals with a passion for food, agility, and excellent customer service and the desire to make a difference in people’s lives through the power of food.
Purpose: We are passionate about food and we use our skills and talents to make amazing products for our consumers and bring value to our customers. We provide a collaborative and transparent work environment for our employees, and share our contagious passion as positive contributors in the communities where we operate.
Values: Above all else, we value people; our employees, customers, consumers, and suppliers. We focus on quality and believe our products should be verifiably better than anyone else’s. We believe in continuous improvement, in doing the right things, and investing in our business and our brands.
: This position is responsible ucts from concept through successful commercialization by utilizing skills in formulation, product and consumer testing, and translation from bench to large scale production. Additionally, the position will be responsible for scoping and executing cost optimization projects across established products in the areas of ingredients and processing.
· Leads technical components of a project by coordinating activities of a cross functional team.
· Works with internal ingredient team and external vendors to select raw materials for a given product.
· Presents iterative prototypes/concepts to business team members, makes technical recommendations to meet project objectives.
· Develops specifications and testing protocol for new products based on critical consumer and customer attributes.
· Identifies and presents new and innovative technical solutions and product ideas to the broader organization.
· Supports cost savings initiatives through ingredient, product & process optimization.
· Provides technical support to Marketing & Sales as required.
· Provides troubleshooting support at the plant level as need arises.
· Creates an environment that encourages teamwork and collaboration, both internally and externally.
· Excellent problem solving skills, viewing the problem as a whole and working with others as needed to resolve it.
· Willingness to challenge the status quo and ignite change by actively sharing proven ideas and technologies.
· Excellent project and time management skills. Self-directed with minimal supervision.
· Strong written, oral, and facilitation skills.
· Ability to evaluate and communicate project status, issues or risk appropriately.
· Conveys technical information in understandable terms to all levels of the organization.
· Development experience in multiple product categories, dry mix products including baking and/or beverage is a plus
· Strong background in ingredient application. Functional understanding of bake or snack-based ingredients and technologies.
· Experience in product scale up and comfort in a manufacturing environment is critical.
· Systems thinker; understands the linkage of activities during commercialization and principles of design for manufacturing.
· Understanding of common consumer and market research. Ability to apply insights throughout the development process.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer applications to access information, analyze data and solve problems.
· High integrity and honesty, promoting trust in all actions
· Effective working relationships with internal/external counterparts: Manufacturing, Quality, Marketing, Supply Chain, Vendors.
· Enjoys working in a results-oriented, customer focused, team environment.
· Ability to turn around projects at a fast pace.
· Flexible with ability to handle changing timelines and priorities.
· Creative and change-oriented, willing to constructively challenge the status quo.
· Physical – standing, bending, and lifting of product (up to 50 lbs)
· Willingness and ability to travel 10-20%
· B.S. or M.S in Food Science or related field.
· 0 to 5 years’ progressive product development experience.
· Previous work in a Consumer Products environment is required.
· Working knowledge of Stage Gate commercialization process is desirable.
The policy of Continental Mills, Inc. is to hire, train, and promote all persons in all job groups in accordance with law, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, presence of sensory, mental or physical disability, Vietnam veteran, or national origin.
Seattle, Washington, United States
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org