The comprehensive food
safety information website
Food Safety & Quality Manager - Wolfgang Candy Company - York, PA
FOOD SAFETY & QUALITY MANAGER
Reports to: Vice President - Operations
Department: Safety/Regulatory Compliance
The Food Safety & Quality Manager is responsible for developing, coordinating, communicating, training and maintaining consistent, food safety and quality process standards for Quality Assurance across the company. He/she manages the coordination and execution of all workplace safety, food safety, and internal and external quality systems. This is a highly technical position that will directly impact the level of workplace safety, plant sanitation and food safety and quality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Responsible for developing, coordinating, communicating, training and maintaining consistent, food safety and quality process standards for Quality Assurance
· Oversight of Wolfgang Safe Quality Foods Program
· Attainment and Maintenance of Safe Quality Foods Level 3 certification across the full facility
· Develops and manages specifications, audit reports, formulations, communications, etc. to provide accessible data for supplier assessment and approval and customer product assessment and approval
· Oversight and continuous improvement of the Wolfgang Candy Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) program
· Oversees and ensures training of production personnel to ensure understanding and compliance with GMP’s and sanitation SOP’s, allergen awareness, food safety and food security concepts, attaining food quality standards and ensuring documentation of all training
· Improves Wolfgang Quality in an effort to obtain excellent quality results, as measured by customer complaint frequency, product evaluation scores, internal and external facility and operational audit scores, quality systems compliance, and other formal and informal feedback mechanisms, using new and existing methods, procedures, and systems
· Oversees Wolfgang Internal Auditing Program
· Develops, implements, and sustains new methods and procedures to drive improvements in quality and food safety
· Communicates with Wolfgang Contract and other large customers regarding Wolfgang’s Food Safety and Quality programs and handles external audits from these customers and settles product complaints in an efficient and positive manner with those customers.
· Assists with promotion of Food Safety and Quality initiatives to customers/potential customers, to include handling requests for information regarding Quality Statements and Procedures
· Assists in the resolution of administrative problems and keeps lines of communication open with staff to ensure high employee morale and a professional, helpful and productive atmosphere
· Complies with, demonstrates, and promotes company core values and behavioral standards
· Maintains professional affiliations and enhances professional growth and development to keep current in the latest trends in the industry
· Actively represents the company through public speaking and other public engagements, and through trade affiliations and activities
· Champion Wolfgang Food Safety and Quality Programs
· Oversee continuity of inter-working relationships of all Wolfgang staff to provide most effective food safety and quality programs
· Maintains and stays current with all Food Safety laws from all applicable governmental authorities
· Stays current with new trends in Food Safety and Quality
Experience, Competencies and Education
· BA or BS degree in Microbiology, Biology or Food Science (preferred)
· Minimum (5) years related food production and safety experience (preferred)
· Strong working knowledge of SQF (Level 3); SQF practitioner certified
· Strong working knowledge of continuous improvement concepts
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to travel as needed
· Excellent problem solving skills and analytical thinking
· Strong client and team relationship development skills
· Strong understanding of business principles and processes
· A decisive individual who possesses a "big picture" perspective
· The ability to spend minimum of 5 hours sitting while working on a computer, telephone.
· Ability to reach, bend, stoop and lift up to 25-50lbs. as needed.
· Ability to see information in print form and/or electronically.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret written documents
· Ability to respond effectively to inquiries or complaints
· Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations to the Board of Directors, company stakeholders, trade groups, Wolfgang employees and other public entities
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of duties and responsibilities of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities and or skills required. Wolfgang Candy Company reserves the right to unilaterally modify this job description. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract; it does not alter your at-will status.
I have read and received a copy of the job description for the position of Food Safety and Quality Manager.
Signature: _____________________________ Witness: ______________________________________
Name: _______________________________ Name, Title: ___________________________________
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com