- Medford, OR
& David: Where career and lifestyle meet!
are thinking about a career move, you owe it to yourself to discover a
world-class corporation in a beautiful region with an abundance of
lifestyle and recreation choices
Southern Oregon, One of the Jewels of the Pacific Northwest
The secret to Southern Oregon’s unique way of life is its bounty of
amenities. The quality of cultural attractions rivals that found in many
metropolitan areas, and the recreation supplied by the great outdoors makes
Southern Oregon a coveted place to work and play.
There are few places in the United States where you can enjoy a mild
Mediterranean climate and pristine surroundings while still benefiting from
everything a world-class employer can offer. Orchards and wineries dot the
surrounding hills. Here you can go fishing, boating, and whitewater rafting
on the world renowned Rogue River, hike or mountain bike unlimited rugged
and scenic trails, and still have time to spend the evening taking in a
play at the world famous Oregon Shakespeare Festival or a concert at the Peter
Britt Music Festival in historic Jacksonville.
Our area also boasts of many fine schools, public and private, including
highly acclaimed Southern Oregon University. We also are home to two
award-winning hospitals, un-crowded roads, and the convenient Rogue Valley
Why Harry & David, Wolferman’s and Cushman’s?
We are the nation’s foremost purveyor of gourmet fruit and food gifts
through our premier direct marketing and e-commerce techniques. Harry &
David’s acquisition of Wolferman’s and Cushman’s
confirms our commitment to growth.
We offer a great corporate culture, competitive salary, and benefits
package including medical, dental, and vision. If you love our gourmet food
as much as we do, you will also enjoy a 30-45% employee discount on all of
our delectable Harry & David products.
The Product Developer
is responsible for product related market and competitor intelligence,
product innovation and product development. The Product Developer has
pivotal responsibility in coordinating with Merchandising Managers,
Purchasing, Production, Quality Control, Quality Assurance and Creative
Services to ensure all products achieve Brand requirements, quality
standards and financial goals. Manages the vendor relationship for new
products, completes PD and PI sheets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job
successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty
satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties,
assignments and specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of
• Gathers and analyzes product category, lifestyle trend data and photos,
culinary and flavor trends to guide the development of product lines.
• Develops new product to Merchandise Manager assortment specification to
achieve department strategies and product targets (I.e. Initial mark-up
percentage and price points).
• Keeps abreast of industry developments, becomes an expert in their
product category and projects future trends.
• Regularly communicates and updates Merchandise Manager and business
partners on the status of assortment plan objectives.
• Identify new and cost-effective product opportunities based on customer
feedback and industry trends.
• Manages new vendor set-up.
• Conduct vendor due diligence to identify, qualify and select the best
vendor to meet technical and quality requirements.
• Maintain current knowledge and understanding of regulations, industry
trends, current practices, and new developments in purchasing, and supply
• Update job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational
opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal
networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in Merchandising, Design, Fine Arts, Food Science,
Business or a related field is required.
• Must have 8+ years directly related experience in design and product
development processes. Proven development expertise in a given category.
• Experience in specialty, food, or luxury goods desired.
• Demonstrated track record of successfully growing a business by
developing and executing plans with trend right product.
• Demonstrated high taste level and creative ability including strong color
sense, a refined palette, pattern merchandising ability, commercial sense
and market knowledge. Ability to research and apply market/trend information.
• Strong presentation skills required. Must be comfortable speaking to
large groups of people and with all levels of management.
& David Corporate Office - Medford, OR
position is currently accepting applications.