The comprehensive food
safety information website
Food Safety Manager - J&J Family of Farms - Loxahatchee, FL
Title: Food Safety Manager
FLSA Class: Exempt
Reports to: VP of Food Safety
Job Summary: The primary roles of this position are to gather information related to GAP / GMP Audits, Customer request for GAP audits, track Quality Audits scores and provide proposals for actions based on the data gathered.
· Develop, maintain, and revise updates of all Quality and Food Safety SOPs.
· Perform special projects on analytical information related to Quality and Food Safety
· Support teams in selecting quality measures and setting up quality reporting systems.
· Provide input and recommendations for the selection of quality and food safety improvement projects.
· Coordinate and/or facilitate improvement project teams among growers.
· Assist purchasing in related to Quality Assurance and Food Safety services.
· Maintain grower/ shipper quality objectives.
· Monitor and report on quality metrics and progress toward quality goals.
· Recommend test and inspection equipment as required to achieve quality goals.
· Work with new product development teams to establish product quality standards.
· Assist in the analyzing and evaluation of resulting data for improvement opportunities.
· May serve as a representative of the QA/Food Safety team in coordinating support and maintenance of our quality system.
· Assist in the development of quality related policy objectives.
· Other duties as assigned
· Good computer skills (Word , Access, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Must be able to set and attain goals, initiate action to resolve problems and improve products and processes.
· Must be able to provide concise executive summaries of quality issues, summaries changes needed or made to QA processes.
· Good organizational and project management skills.
· Good oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interface with a variety of people at various technical and management levels.
· Must be able to maintain confidentially of information and work in crises situation.
· Speak and write Spanish.
· In-depth knowledge of quality principles and technical tools.
· Associate (or higher) degree in a technical discipline preferred.
· Formal training in quality planning, tools and analysis.
· Working knowledge of various agriculture processes.
· Working knowledge of FDA- compliant, process control and quality system management related to agriculture.
Typical Physical Demands: Regular use of hands to manipulate phones and computer key board. Sit and stand.
Typical Work Conditions: Work is performed in an office environment. Employee frequently interacts directly with staff members during the workday.
Employer’s Rights: This job description does not list all the duties of the job. Incumbents may be asked by their supervisor or managers to perform other duties. Incumbents will be evaluated in part based upon their performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The Company has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the Company may terminate employment at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice (subject to applicable laws).
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com