The comprehensive food
safety information website
Food Technologist - Soledad, CA
The Food Technolgist performs and executes activities (plant trials, lab experiments, documentation) that require technical skills in food science, chemistry, microbiology and packaging.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
· Formulate new/improved products by executing technical project plans.
· Design and conduct experiments to evaluate raw materials and packaging processes.
· Interpret results of experiments.
· Coordinate the required testing within the technical group to achieve the desired experimental objective.
· Set up and properly maintain all required equipment in the laboratory.
· Maintain accurate and detailed records for all project work.
· Comply with Food Safety Requirements and GMPs applicable to this position.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are required.
· Working knowledge of Spanish is a plus.
· Must have the ability to make decisions, maintain regular and acceptable attendance, follow directions, interact well with co-workers, understand and follow posted work rules/procedures and to accept constructive criticism.
· Minimum of five years of directly related R&D experience. An advanced degree may be substituted for experience.
· Solid understanding of food science, post-harvest physiology, and statistical experimental design.
· Working knowledge of complex analytical instrumentation and computers.
· Some management, consulting, and training skills are also necessary
· M.S. Degree in Food Science preferred with related experience, or B.S. degree with equivalent work experience.
Soledad 023, California, United States
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org