The comprehensive food
safety information website
Food Safety Superintendent-FRE01691
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Meat Solutions is the umbrella organization of Cargill’s North American beef, turkey, and food distribution businesses. Our businesses based in Wichita, Kansas, provide wholesome, high quality, nutritious and flavorful products to customers ranging from foodservice operators and grocery stores, to food manufacturers and export markets. These businesses employ more than 32,000 people in the US and Canada, who work at dozens of processing and support facilities.
This position requires writing, revising, maintaining, implementing, auditing, and scoring of plant HACCP food safety systems and other regulatory programs. This position is also a liaison between USDA/CFIA and the plant. This position has accountability in a medium to high complexity facility.
· 40% - Maintain current GHP, SSOP, HACCP and pre-requisite plans and records. Coordinate daily food safety reporting. Implement and maintain corporate initiated changes.
· 30% - Food Safety/action reporting including: incident investigations, C/A’s, preventive measures and audit responses. Coordinate all audits and traceability exercises.
· 15% - Training in plant employees on food safety programs and regulatory changes.
· 10% - Manager sanitation and pest control HACCP team contracts and programs.
· 5% - Assist with development and validations plans for plant/line expansions.
· High School Diploma
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience in food manufacturing environment.
· Knowledge of laboratory, SPC and plant processes. Knowledge of USDA/CFIA government standards in food safety.
· Basic computer skills: Microsoft Office software (MS Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel)
· Bachelor’s degree in Animal Science, Food Science, Biological Sciences or related field preferred.
· 3 years’ experience in Technical Services, i.e., Quality, Food Safety, Auditing, etc.
· 2 years of supervisory experience
· Working knowledge of laboratory, SPC and plant processes. Strong understanding of USDA/CFIA government standards in food safety.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com