The comprehensive food
safety information website
Food Safety Practitioner – Soledad, CA
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE
This position oversees the internal food safety-auditing program, including value added plants, packing facilities and coolers. Position is responsible for ensuring there is a documented process for every food safety metric in the plant &/or packing facilities to include communication, training, auditing and record keeping.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
· Ensure compliance to Federal, State and local regulations
· Increase awareness and evaluation of GMP’s
· Create and maintain food safety processes & procedures to ensure compliance with good manufacturing practices.
· Responsible for performing/assigning processing floor centric audits and maintaining records of results
· Assist in handling customer food safety related complaints; record and maintain records and resolutions
· Responsible for analysis and verification of Food Safety and Quality Plans including assessment of results
· Ensure proper labeling and traceability of products and supplies
· Ensure all food handling areas are properly maintained for Food Safety; audit the areas, make recommendations and follow-up for completion
· Follow all Food Safety Requirements and GMPs as applicable to position
· Facilitate adherence to programs for business packing houses, coolers and VA sites.
· Serve as a resource for the business.
· Facilitate compliance with third party auditing schemes.
· Responsible for spear-heading the D.O.E.S. process.
· Primary facilitator of equipment commissioning & decommissioning activities.
· Other duties as assigned
· HAACP trained and demonstrated mastery of GFSI auditing schemes.
· Must have supervisory and training skills
· Working experience with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP), Statistical Process Control (SPC).
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills required
· Knowledge of related Federal and State regulations.
· Competency in computer word processing (MS Word), Spreadsheet (Excel) and Database Software (Access) required.
· Excellent communications skills.
o Bilingual in Spanish/English is desirable.
· Able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
· Must have the ability to make decisions, maintain regular and acceptable attendance, follow directions, understand and follow posted work rules/ procedures and to accept constructive criticism.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
· 3-5 years experience in the food industry, with 1-3 years in supervision, in a food safety capacity.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Post-harvest Physiology, related field or equivalent work experience required.
Soledad 023, California, United States
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com