The comprehensive food
safety information website
Quality Assurance Supervisor – ARI Packaging - Minooka, IL
Under the supervision of the Quality Control and Assurance Coordinator, the Quality Assurance Supervisor implements diverse Quality initiatives in response to needs as identified by the Director of Quality. This person is expected to provide, leadership, supervision and training, as assigned toward ensuring that all facility operations meet SQF standards, Prerequisites programs, GMPs, HACCP and other applicable safety and quality standards and regulations. Moreover, this person works to ensure that products meet ARI quality standards and customer specifications.
· Assigns and monitors the day to day activities of the Quality Control Inspectors to which he is assigned and provides for their guidance, support, and supervision.
· Works in collaboration with other Department staff in carrying out Quality functions.
· Assists with the management of nonconforming products. Assists with the hiring, discipline, and training of Quality Control Inspectors.
· Identifies needs of supervisees, plans and implements best practice solutions. Collects, organizes and stores all QC documentations having to do with quality functions to which he is assigned.
· Recommends measures to improve product safety and quality.
· Provides leadership in preventing, identifying and working with others towards solving quality deficiencies.
· Assists as needed in the development of policies and procedures to meet SQF and other quality standards.
· Provides staff training as needed.
· Participates successfully in required trainings.
· Minimum of 4 years combined experience in a factory setting, preferably Quality areas and supervision.
· High school, GED diploma. Preferably college educated.
· Spanish is a plus.
· Preferably SQF certified or the equivalent.
· Ability to provide supervision, leadership, guidance and support across all areas of Quality operations.
· Organized, detail oriented and able to multi-task.
· Able to understand and follow Customer Specifications and SQF standards.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office - Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, and Pack manager(preferably).
· Understands practical application of SQF standards.
· Able to communicate effectively and respectfully with Quality team and other relevant staff.
· Able to complete and submit in a timely manner all required documentations and keep them organized and safe.
· Able to learn, implement, and teach the various functions of supporting, verifying and validating Quality throughout the plant.
· Able to identify and work well with others toward identifying, solving, and preventing problems which impact product safety and quality.
· Work is performed primarily in a fast-paced environment.
· Required to frequently stand or walk for extended periods across designated facility.
· Able to pick up and carry loads not to exceed 20 lbs.
· Must be flexible and available to work outside of designated shift hours and/or weekend hours when necessary
· Some overtime may be required
This description is intended to describe the necessary job functions, the general supplemental functions, and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an extensive list of all responsibilities. Management retains the right to add to or change the duties at any time.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com