The comprehensive food
safety information website
Food Safety Coordinator, Albertsons Intermountain Division-22031
FOOD SAFETY COORDINATOR
Partner with Food Safety Manager to administer all food safety and sanitation activities in assigned division to ensure compliance with established laws, regulations and corporate and division policies and procedures; maintain the standards for safe food and a healthful environment for all customers, associates and vendors.
· Conduct frequent and unscheduled food safety and sanitation audits of assigned stores with particular emphasis on those stores with high or low cleaning supply movement, evidence of pest problems, customer complaints, regulatory action, history of non-compliance and referral by other company associates or management. Review audit results with key store personnel and provides assistance to correct deficient conditions. Communicate inspection results to Food Safety Manager for follow-up and support.
· Monitor and assist stores to comply with local, state and federal food safety and health standards, including personal hygiene and hand washing, temperature control of potentially hazardous foods, cross contamination control, pest control and chemical use training. Direct store response to regulatory inspection deficiencies through district and division staffs using management discretion, knowledge of health regulations and operational capabilities.
· Develop and maintain active relationships with governmental agencies responsible for bio-security. Regularly communicate with Division staffs on bio-security issues and developments. Work with Division staffs to ensure readiness for response to deliberate tampering or food safety issues.
· Develop and foster active working relationships with state health officials in all states of responsibility. Actively participate in regulatory meetings at both local and state level. Stay abreast of regulatory requirements for food safety and store sanitation to provide necessary direction to Division leadership. Monitor regulatory inspections and provide direction to stores for the resolution of noted deficiencies. Provide regular updates to Food Safety Manager.
· Review recall bulletins which have a health hazard classification for accuracy and completeness. Insure distribution of and adequate response to health hazard recalls through the Division Recall Coordinator. Evaluate effectiveness of recall process during store visits, and direct enhancements as needed through the Division Executive.
· Direct third-party sanitation and pest control suppliers in their day-to-day service to stores, communicating to them store needs for training, supplies and service. Review store sanitation evaluation reports provided by pest control and sanitation supplies vendor representatives. Implement plans to address noted deficiencies to ensure compliance with Company policies and applicable health regulations.
· Assist as requested with investigations of food-related illness claims to determine and implement corrective action.
· Monitor Food Safety and Sanitation self-inspection and record keeping requirements including service deli hot case temperature logs, training verification forms, and store food safety and sanitation green binders.
· Maintain channels of communication, encouraging store and division personnel to express new ideas, suggestions and complaints, reviewing each for appropriateness and further action. Maintain channels of communication with State and local health regulators to provide for quick action to correct and prevent regulatory violations.
· Multiple state responsibility
· Varying types of areas urban vs rural within one Division
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree in public health, environmental health, food science, or equivalent desired. 1 – 2 years experience or education in food handling, sanitation, or public health preferred. Familiarity with retail grocery operations preferred. Must obtain all professional licensure required by local law or regulation.
· 5+ years’ experience in retail operations.
Skills and Experiences:
· Must possess leadership ability to motivate others to achieve desired results. Deal effectively with a wide variety of people on a daily basis.
· Strong analytical skills required for data interpretation and analysis. Computer skills in word-processing and spread sheet software preferred.
Possess excellent communication skills, including oral and written plus the ability to speak effectively before groups. Must be able to interface effectively with a wide variety of personnel. Possess ability to communicate concepts, systems, procedures, etc., in a training environment
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Division-wide travel, up to 70%.
· Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled office environment.
· Incumbent may sit for long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
· Incumbent may use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment in the course of normal workday.
· Incumbent could spend a majority of time traveling throughout the Division visiting retail units, attending hearings and arbitration, etc.
· Must have own transportation and be available for overnight travel.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified. In order to facilitate the selection of the most qualified candidates for open positions in the new company, information regarding the candidate’s work performance and conduct will be shared with the hiring manager. This is a common practice for internal postings or interviews. If you post or are interviewed for roles in the new company you understand that your work performance and conduct may be shared with the hiring manager, even if that hiring manager is a Safeway employee. If you have any objection to your information being shared, please contact your Human Resources Representative.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org