The comprehensive food
safety information website
EHS Food Safety Coordinator - Golden Peanut Company, Aulander, NC (1066531) Aulander, North Carolina
For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve vital needs. Today, 30,000 ADM employees around the globe convert oilseeds, corn, wheat and cocoa into products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. With more than 265 processing plants, 400 crop procurement facilities, and the world's premier crop transportation network, ADM helps connect the harvest to the home in more than 160 countries. For more information about ADM and its products, visit www.adm.com .
Shelling Plant EHS & Food Safety Coordinator - Aulander, NC Golden Peanut Company
This is an exempt level position.
The EHS and Food Safety Supervisor will be responsible for health & safety, food safety, and environmental compliance at the Aulander, North Carolina peanut shelling plant. Primary responsibilities include audit and incident investigations, emergency planning, risk assessment, program development, implementation, and training of rules and procedures. This position will possess a high level of authority in regards to training and guiding based on needs developed through information submitted on reports and annual requirements.
While working in an office and industrial facility, the EHS and Food Safety Supervisor will handle a broad range of activities and will be responsible for supervising the implementation of ADM's policies and procedures. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide training for new hires, contractors, and location colleagues as required
• Develop and update safety, food safety, and environmental compliance programs
• Calibration and repair of safety equipment
• Purchasing and maintaining inventory of safety, food safety, and environmental supplies
• Environmental responsibilities including maintaining reports
• Spending time in the plant ensuring all programs and procedures are followed and adequate
• Maintain current behavior based safety programs and policies
• Maintain required paperwork such as OSHA 300 logs in compliance with federal law
• Participate in and lead all incident investigations
• Conduct internal facility audits and facility self-assessments
• Develop and track corrective actions for audit findings
• Participate in on-site safety committees
• Conduct drug screens
• Knowledge of machines throughout facility, including computer and safety equipment
• Work with QA department as needed
• College degree relating to safety, food safety and/or environmental or 5 years of extensive experience in human safety, food safety, environmental/regulatory compliance preferred
• Have an excellent command of the following skills: leadership, team building, problem solving, organization, and written and verbal communication
• Experience in a food processing plant is preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
• Ability to walk or stand for extended periods and work in environments at varying temperatures
• Ability to climb
• Ability to work during off-hours to address emergency conditions or other situations that may arise
Relocation assistance is not available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
ADM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please click here
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org