Food Microbiology Laboratory Technician / Analyst - Boulder, CO
Microbac is a premier testing company that partners with clients across many different industries, helping them to understand the quality, safety and performance of their products and operations through offering a vast array of laboratory testing and consultative services.
We currently have an immediate opening for a Full-Time Food Microbiology Laboratory Technician or Analyst within an in-network laboratory located in Boulder, CO. Position requires the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of attention to detail and focus on quality. Weekend hours may be required. Prior food microbiology laboratory experience in an academic or commercial laboratory environment required.
Under the general supervision of the Technical Director and Lab Supervisor, Technicians & Analysts support the overall operation of the laboratory by ensuring samples are processed in an efficient and timely manner, while following all established SOP's and safety guidelines.
· Media preparation/sterilization.
· Utilizing aseptic technique during sample preparation.
· Maintenance and daily verification of laboratory instrumentation.
· Sample pick-up and collection on a planned schedule according to customer requirements (occasionally).
· Maintain storage of samples in accordance with established SOP's.
· Ensure documentation is complete and accurate (i.e.; Chain of Custody Forms).
· Maintain regular communication with internal management regarding samples, schedules, customer requirements, problems, delays, and/or complaints.
· Ensure samples are appropriate labeled and assist with sample log-in efforts.
· Cleaning of laboratory dishes & quality critical materials
· Must have personal vehicle.
· Ability to follow written and verbal instruction.
· Above average attention to detail.
· Clean driving record (over previous 36 months).
· Clean, well groomed, professional appearance is a must.
· Must be able to pass a pre-employment background and drug screen.
· Bachelor's degree in Microbiology or a related field of study required.
· Prior experience in a food laboratory is highly desired.
· Experience in aseptic technique.
· Ability to independently prioritize workload and actions effectively to meet deadlines is required.
· Strong communications skills are required.
· Ability to accurately follow written and verbal instruction is required.
· Ability to work well under the pressure of deadlines, in a fast paced environment, while maintaining a positive and enthusiastic attitude is a must.
· Position requires standing for extended periods of time.
Boulder, Colorado, United States
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com