Naturipe Farms – California
This position will ensure the essential elements of the
company’s products Foreign Supplier Verification Program are complete and in
compliance with the US-FDA FSVP. This includes monitoring the following; food
quality, food safety, food security, standards, GAP farm practices and other
elements as identified. This person will also travel to the farms/pack houses
to help with the development and documentation of the food safety systems and
SOP’s. Position will ensure that regulations are met and the company is not
exposed to liability related to the quality and safety of products. As
part of the FSVP this position will also ensure all consumer complaints are
documented, recorded and resolved.
- Supervisor: NF Director of Food Safety & Social
- Responsible to assist the director in the
implementation of a companywide food safety plan and food safety system
to ensure that imported NF products are high in food quality.
- Travel to the farms/pack houses to assist in SOP
development for all food safety systems and procedures.
- Develop and write the SOP for the foreign supplier
- Develop the hazard analysis for the FSVP.
- Evaluate the foreign supplier’s performance, the
foreign supplier’s food safety history, including the responsiveness of
the foreign supplier in correcting past problems.
- Evaluation of risk the supplier, using the hazard analysis, evaluate how the supplier
is minimizing or preventing the hazard, including the US FDA food safety
regulations, the supplier’s food safety history and other factors
affecting food safety such as storage and transportation.
- Perform supplier verification activities via annual
review of third party food safety audits and document this review.
- Take appropriate corrective actions as needed.
- Review complaints received concerning of the
imports, investigate the cause or causes of adulteration or misbranding
in some circumstances, take appropriate corrective actions, and revise
their FSVPs when they appear to be inadequate.
- Develop Importer identification at entry. This can
be done by using the DUNS number of the supplier and a maintain list of
growers associated with that supplier.
- Reside in and maintain all documentation in the USA
that includes the program itself, all reviews and evaluations.
- Respond to customer food safety documentation
- Handle all avocado consumer complaints, response,
data entry and reporting.
- Establish and maintain effective communication and
working relationships with grower partner contacts
- Work with grower partners to establish FS policies
and procedures along with product specifications and review FS standards
- Travel, inspect and approve new growers for the Naturipe Farms Brand
- Assist the Director to respond with urgency to
customer-related requests and requirements.
- Coordinate and support Sales Department on matters
of supplier approval and food safety
- Ensure that customer requirements are met and the
company is not exposed to liability related to the quality and safety of
- Production and Grower locations – primarily Mexico,
Peru and Chile; with collaboration with those responsible for S.A.
- Projected Sales – FY17 $60M, FY18 $100M
- Grower and partner relationships – 10 to 15
- Strict adherence to audit deadline and timely
handling of customer requirements
- Partner satisfaction with contribution to
improvement of quality and advocacy on behalf of growers.
- Avoidance of crisis situations resulting from food
- Bachelor’s degree in Food safety, Chemistry, Ag
Business, or similar agricultural or science field required
- 5+ years’ experience in agribusiness food safety or
retail food safety in a produce environment
- Spanish written/verbal skills a must
- Must have a working understanding of GFSI standards
and fully understanding the interworking of GAP schemes. FSMA, the
produce rule and the preventive controls rule.
- Must be certified a qualified Individual per FDA
specifications for the FSVP, Preventive Controls Rule and the Produce
Rule. (This can happen post-hire).
- Communication skills with growers, retailers,
customers and consumers
- Must be high energy and enjoy a dynamic
- Willing to travel up to 50%, domestic and
- Position requires proven ability to effectively
interface with all levels of management, technical and administrative