The comprehensive food
safety information website
R&D Food Technologist - Pleasant Prairie, WI
Good Foods Group, LLC
Pleasant Prairie, WI; Kenosha, WI
If you meet the minimum requirements, please apply on-line.
Hours per Week:
Work Hours (i.e. shift):
Starting Salary Range:
Competitive Compensation and Benefits program.
1 to 3 years
Required Security Clearance:
Science and Laboratory, Professional and Technical, Production - Food Processing
· Formulate high quality food & beverage products, simultaneously considering critical technical issues such as: food safety, food stability/shelf-life, cost, nutrition, scalability, etc.
· Assist in batching, analytical testing, flavor screening, stocking lab materials, and helping maintain a clean and orderly laboratory.
· Assist in the production of samples per customer (internal & external) requests.
· Work with ingredient suppliers to source and select appropriate raw materials.
· Assist the scale-up and commercialization of a wide variety of food & beverage products which includes spending time in refrigerated production areas.
· Set up comparison and evaluation of products for shelf life studies, sensory tests and product stability.
· Input and maintain nutritional information and specifications.
· Maintain laboratory records, using electronic systems and written protocols.
· Perform analyses on ingredients and products (Brix, PH, viscosity, etc.)
· Participate in, and lead product tastings.
· Comply with all Company rules, regulations and policies.
· Bachelor's degree in Food Science or similar scientific discipline is required.
· One to three years of experience. In lieu of experience, internships and/or college lab experience will be considered.
· Laboratory procedures and equipment.
· Food Manufacturing, SQF, HACCP, and GMPs.
· Sensory and nutritional label development techniques.
· Molecular/ingredient interactions, process-product interactions (a plus).
· Culinary principles to technical development.
· Data analysis and interpretation.
· Benchtop formula preparation.
· Creative thinking and problem solving.
· Project management, interpersonal and leadership ability.
· Written and verbal communication.
· Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org