Food New Product Development Scientist - Starches/ Hydrocolloids Webster Groves, Mo
Focus Area: Starches / Hydrocolloids
Role: New Product Research and Development
· Technical development of new products for the five main sectors of Global Food (Meat, Bakery, Dairy, Savoury, Beverages) with the main focus “Food Starches & Hydrocolloids.”
· Conduct testing and analysis of current and newly developed products to determine functional and organoleptic properties and performance in finished applications.
· Work with procurement to review new ingredients.
· Arrange in-house evaluations.
· Managing co-ordination of the partners and working groups engaged in project work.
· Detailed project planning and control.
· Developing and maintaining a detailed project plan.
· Managing project deliverables in line with the project plan.
· Recording and managing project issues and escalating where necessary.
· Resolving cross-functional issues at project level.
· Managing project scope and change control and escalating issues where necessary.
· Monitoring project progress and performance.
· Providing status reports to the project sponsor.
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Food Technology or Food Science required.
· Master's Degree in Food Technology or Food Science preferred.
· Minimum of five years of industry experience in Product Development with the main focus “Food Starches / Hydrocolloids.”
· Strong technical knowledge (food starches, food hydrocolloids, process, development, commercialization).
· Strong documentation, organization and time management skills.
· Solid understanding of chemistry of food products and analytical testing.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to travel globally.
Webster Groves, Missouri, United States
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com