The comprehensive food
safety information website
Food Safety Auditor - BC Tree Fruits Cooperative – Kelowna, BC Canada
Looking for an
exciting new opportunity to jump start your career? BC Tree Fruits Cooperative
is seeking a people and safety oriented, positive individual who is
passionate about food safety as a Food Safety Auditor Trainer to join our
· Carry out risk assessments and consider how risks could be reduced.
· Audit the Food Safety Program with site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
· Outline safe work procedures which identify and take into account all relevant hazards.
· Audit the OH&S Program with site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
· Advise on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
· Ensure working practices are safe and comply with legislation.
· Prepare food safety strategies and develop internal policy.
· Outline standard operating procedures which identify and take into account all relevant food safety risks.
· Ensure standard operating procedures are followed and comply with program requirements.
· Perform periodic, weekly and monthly monitoring of program documentation and records.
The successful candidate will have the following key attributes:
· Solid verbal and written communication skills
· Strong leadership skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
· Strong patience and ability to deal under pressure where they are able to simultaneously work with multiple departmental managers and demands
· Able to facilitate change and adapt easily to it
· Able to work well with all types of people with different personalities, cultures, and customs
· Minimum 2 years work experience in quality assurance function or food safety management system coordination.
· Occupational health and safety and food safe background
· HACCP accredited is an asset
· Ability to travel to different locations within the Okanagan Valley and occasionally provincial wide
Possess a valid drivers
license and reliable transportation
BC Tree Fruits thanks all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those under consideration for the position will be contacted. Visit www.bctree.com for more information on the cooperative and future employment opportunities.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org