Restaurant Food Safety Specialist - Buffalo
JOB PURPOSE: Provide food safety oversight, monitoring and follow-up to food safety audits, health department inspections, pest control inspections and Guest complaints to protect the Buffalo Wild Wings brand and improve the Guest experience.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Monitor restaurant emergency contact hotline and Guest complaint information for food safety related incidents that need further investigation.
• Call Guests that share food safety related experiences to help improve their experience and gather vital information to conduct further food safety investigation. Call Guest to share outcome of food safety investigations.
• Conduct epidemiological assessment of foodborne illness claims.
• Manage third party food safety audit program and third party provider for all corporate and franchise stores.
• Manage pest control program and third party provider for corporate stores.
• Monitor third party food safety audit and health department inspection results for appropriate execution of BWW standards and identify restaurants that need additional food safety education.
• Follow-up with restaurant field leadership to improve food safety execution, educate on food safety process and improve guest experience.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist in the development of analysis and trending capabilities to identify pest control opportunities.
• Identify food safety issues that could affect products and impact the BWW brand.
• Monitor for unusual food safety occurrences, evaluate exposure to business based on risk and science-based principles, and escalate to appropriate levels of leadership.
• Communicate food safety trends to appropriate levels of leadership.
• Work cross functionally with internal business owners to improve food safety execution.
• Responsible for maintaining a positive food safety culture with a focus on brand protection, collaboration and education.
• Participate in restaurant emergency contact hotline response night and weekend rotation.
• Perform other related duties, tasks, and projects as assigned.
• Strong understanding of food safety regulations, best practices, HACCP and pre-requisite programs
• Ability to convey a Guest focused, brand protection mindset
• Skill in time management and organization with excellent attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to make clear, concise and convincing food safety recommendations
• Basic ability to make appropriate business judgment and recommendations independent of supervisor
• Ability to travel periodically
• Working knowledge of Microsoft based software, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and OneNote
• Ability to work with all levels within an organization and ability to work with diverse work groups
• Ability to contribute to teams and/or committees
• Ability to connect with Guests, convey empathy to their experience and represent the BWW brand
• BS in Environmental health, food science, biology or related field or equivalent work experience, with a minimum of 4 years of food industry experience
• Work experience in food safety, HACCP and a strong understanding of federal, state and local regulations for restaurants is required
• Understanding of restaurant operations and procedures required
• 5+ years of work experience in restaurant industry
• Experience with guest complaint monitoring, follow-up and resolution
• Registered Environmental Health Specialist/Registered Sanitarian
• Corporate food safety experience in food service, retail or food manufacturing
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Buffalo Wild Wings reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Buffalo Wild Wings or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com