Supervisor (FG Plant - Grand Forks, ND) (2288)
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization with roots
firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These
endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part
of the global economy. We currently have a Manufacturing Sanitation
Supervisor position available at our Food Group Plant in Grand Forks, ND.
Accountable for directing, managing, developing, organizing and validating
the policies, procedures, practices, processes and results as they pertain to
the facility's sanitation and pest control programs. Directly responsible for
the coordination, training, and supervision of the plant staff engaged in
activities and duties associated with the sanitation program. This position
works closely with individuals within the facility that includes; Production,
Engineering, Maintenance, Quality Assurance, Human Resource and all other
plant functional groups to support the overall efficiencies of the sanitation
program. This position requires an ongoing awareness and understanding of all
applicable changes to sanitation, safety and environmental standards driven
by company, industry, customer, auditing organizations or regulatory impacts.
• Provide for all required sanitation and pest control program development
and documentation to meet all third-party audit criteria and have full
knowledge of the audit related sanitation standards required by each auditing
body and effectively present the program to the visiting auditing body.
• Responsible to provide for the ongoing training of plant employees in
proper sanitation techniques and the safe and effective use of cleaning
chemicals utilizing all effective training tools, to include the use of the
local and corporate representatives of our cleaning supplies.
• Continually evaluate the status of sanitation related cleaning
tools/equipment to ensure their sufficient supply, placement and functionality.
Make recommendations, for budgeting purposes, to plant management on future
equipment needs that are designed to constantly improve the plant sanitary
• Develops, directs, organizes and administers the policies, procedures,
processes and results of effective sanitation, pest control and housekeeping
programs that include all production lines and associated buildings and
grounds. Coordinate and supervise activities of all staff engaged in the
duties of the sanitation processes. Verify plant, equipment and grounds
sanitary status and program effectiveness by auditing cleaning techniques and
frequencies and by using all other provided tools and technology to evaluate
the program on an on-going basis.
• Regularly monitor all microbiological environmental and product testing
results as a means to validate the sanitation programs effectiveness.
Investigate and respond in a timely manner to environmental and product test
results that indicate a need for such action. Utilize all available support
functions to quickly and effectively resolve opportunities for improvement.
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university. Equivalent
combination of education and experience may be considered for meeting the
• Two plus years related experience and/or training.
• Good understanding of the requirement of an effective sanitation and pest
control programs as defined by company expectations or outlined in the
standards established in third party auditing criteria.
• Ability to read, interpret and apply pertinent USDA, Federal and State
• Prior sanitation experience and/or training.
• Knowledge or ability to learn and offer good sanitary design
recommendations to entire operations group.
• Good understanding of all pertinent HAZCOM and OSHA requirements and
participates in appropriate continuing education training programs to
maintain a thorough understanding of all associated regulatory standards and
• Ability to express and present ideas effectively in individual and group
• Ability to set high goals and standards of excellence in procedures and
performance for self, subordinates and the organization.
• Must work effectively with teams and work groups of those inside and
outside the formal line of authority.
• Must demonstrate leadership ability.
• Must have supervisory experience.
• Successful candidates must possess the ability to write reports, technical
procedures and effectively present information to groups.
• Ability to continually identify, investigate, assess and respond to
situations where rapid resolution is required and to identify and prevent
issues from escalating to a point that impacts product quality and/or plant operations.
• This position requires the use of several technical tools such as
microbiological sampling of product, surfaces and air, inspection cameras,
soils/material evaluation, as well as, technical training on chemical
selection and application, sanitary design standards and pest control
• Incumbent required to potentially work weekends,
off shifts and some holidays.
• Must be flexible and willing to alter schedule on a short notice.
Location Information: Grand Forks has the amenities offered in larger
urban areas, but in the safety and convenience of a small community. Its
highlights include diverse educational opportunities, low crime rate, and a
cost of living considerably lower than that found in large cities. Grand
Forks is a city built on education, sports, family, agricultural and the
How to Apply
• Visit www.simplot.com/careers
• Select Job Search
• Select Current Opportunities
• Select All open positions
• Apply to Job ID #2288
Please prepare a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications and
submit with your resume via our online application process described above.
For best results, please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or an Adobe
PDF document. This process includes additional job relevant questions, so
plan on at least 20 minutes when you apply.
When a position is in the interview stage or has been filled, it will no
longer appear on our Simplot Careers website. If you experience any technical
difficulties when applying through our online system, please contact our
Employment Center for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-877-878-7404.
***The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual
orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.***
To apply, please click