The comprehensive food
safety information website
of Food Quality Assurance, Research and Development - Seattle, WA
Starbucks - Quality Assurance and Food Safety
Now Brewing – director of QA, food, research and development!
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrated coffee and its rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for hiring talent who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
“We built the Starbucks brand first with our people, not with consumers. Because we believed the best way to meet and exceed expectations of our customers was to hire and train great people, we invest in employees.”
Howard Schultz, CEO, Starbucks Coffee Company
As a director of QA, food, you will contribute to Starbucks success by leading the development of a vision for quality at Starbucks. You’ll coordinate the development, implementation and monitoring of the systems and tools required to deliver this vision with a focus on effective management of product safety risk and consistent delivery of the Starbucks experience through all channels through Starbucks guiding principles.
The food program is considered to be one of the most important strategies that Starbucks believes is needed to deliver upon corporate growth expectations. The director of quality assurance – food will be expected to be integral role in working collaboratively across the organization to ensure food safety is continuously improved upon, the Starbucks customer is seen as central to decisions and suppliers are developed to our high standards. We plan to double our sales in food within the next five years.
Leveraging your previous experience, we will enable you to use your strengths in:
Leadership - Setting goals for the work group, developing organizational capability, and modeling how we work together:
· Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the immediate team of direct reports promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
· Supports the implementation of Company programs, procedures, methods and practices to promote Starbucks key messages and achieve a competitive advantage.
Planning and Execution - Developing strategic and operational plans for the work group, managing execution, and measuring results:
· Contributes to the development of long-term strategies and plans for the business unit/department.
· Plans and manages business unit and department processes and practices to ensure that programs are aligned with company business goals and objectives.
· Prepares, communicates and educates client groups and team on changes in policies and practices within the organization.
Business Requirements - Providing functional expertise and executing functional responsibilities:
· Assures compliance to quality and product safety standards from source of supply to consumer.
· Develops an integrated quality assurance program and budget covering beverage, food, merchandise, product distribution channels and retail facilities.
· Implements and manages the product safety and quality assurance program to ensure that product safety, quality and regulatory compliance standards are met for all beverage, food and merchandise items manufactured and sold in Starbucks retail stores.
· Manages quality assurance projects and supervises partners.
· Monitors the effectiveness and compliance of an ongoing training program on safe food handling and sanitation practices.
Partner Development & Team Building - Providing partners with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and building effective teams:
· Challenges and inspires partners to achieve business results.
· Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews.
· Ensures partners adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
· Oversees training and development of partners directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions.
· Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to team members in order to achieve partner, business and customer results.
We’d love to hear from people with:
Progressive experience managing a research and development or quality assurance department
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org