Product Development Scientist
JOB POSTING END DATE
Are you a LinkedIn
Member? Use your profile to help you apply.
be considered for this role you will need to meet the US Visa criteria - a
minimum of 365 days employed by The Coca Cola Company and at a JG10 level
The ideal candidate is
a product development scientist with demonstrated skills in developing and/or
reformulating food and beverage products from ideation through
commercialization. A variety of scientific backgrounds are acceptable
including but not limited to Food Science, Food Technology, Chemistry,
Chemical Engineering, Agricultural Sciences, and Biology.
The primary job responsibility is planning and managing of ingredient
and product development projects for sparkling and still products for The
Company. The candidate must have a solid technical background with
creative bench skills, the ability to manage projects from concept to
execution, understand consumer research, and be able to work
collaboratively across functions (technical and non‐technical).
Project activities are related to product development innovation,
brand maintenance and evaluation of new technologies, all requiring a
high level of attention to detail. Key internal interactions will be
with Ingredient Quality, Commercial Product Supply, Regulatory Affairs,
Technical Consumer Research, field based technical, commercialization
teams. Key external interactions are primarily collaborating
with ingredient suppliers.
• Protect the Company
and all Company information against unauthorized disclosure, eavesdropping
• Design, develop, conduct and/or review experiments (e.g., laboratory or
process experiments) in order to deliver new products; evaluate
ingredient, product or packaging safety, efficacy or claims; or
evaluate new ingredients, materials, products or processes.
• Record data from analyses or experiments in a computer, log book or
• Write detailed & accurate reports for analyses, experiments or
projects (e.g., equipment validation,
evaluation of new processes). Communicate clearly in email and verbally
with technical, non-technical,
domestic, and international audiences.
• Prepare samples and sampling plan for ingredients, intermediate or
finished products, or other materials
in order to perform analyses (e.g., chemical, physical, sensory,
microbiological). • Gather and organize
information under tight timelines to support senior management's
• Apply knowledge of sensory and consumer testing techniques and principles
to influence consumer test
design and collaborate intelligently with sensory team.
• Identify, select, authorize and/or manage relationships with vendors or
suppliers to ensure proper capabilities,
conformance with Company standards and appropriate products and services
(e.g., ingredients, materials, testing
• Protect information provided in confidence from outside sources (bottlers
and other business partners) and
ensure this information is not disseminated to those not directly involved.
• Develop quality standards, specifications or requirements (e.g.,
concentrate/beverage base, ingredients,
packaging, beverage, processes, and new technology) in order to ensure
quality and integrity of products, and to
protect the trademarks of the Coca‐Cola Company.
• Manage documentation and records in order to ensure that they are
complete, current, secure and easily
retrievable. This may include designing, organizing or maintaining
technical or regulatory records (e.g., paper
formula files) and reports.
• Provide support to customers to identify, manage or resolve incidents
(e.g., critical emergencies, product withdrawals/recalls, disasters,
potential business threats) in order to maintain the integrity of our
products and trademarks and to minimize interruptions to Company or
• Conduct review of scientific or other literature in order to maintain and
improve laboratory knowledge/skills.
• Use and maintain laboratory equipment and instrumentation (e.g.,
troubleshooting, conducting preventative maintenance, calibrating and
• Product Development: Deep knowledge and practical application of the
product development process.
Flexible and creative development skills with a strong attention to detail.
• Project Management: Knowledge of project management principles and the
ability to apply the
principles, tools and techniques to develop/plan, manage or execute
projects or work plans to ensure
successful completion (e.g., on time, within budget).
• Building Technical Relationships: Ability to apply technical knowledge
and establish credibility with
highly technical audiences in order to build technical relationships that
will benefit customers or the
• Ingredients: Knowledge of and experience with key ingredients used in
production of concentrates and beverage
bases (e.g., caramel, citric acid, sodium benzoate, phosphoric acid,
• Beverage Manufacturing: Knowledge of and ability to apply carbonated and
processing techniques (e.g., proportioning, carbonating, syrup
• Basic Flavor Chemistry: General knowledge of the organic chemistry of
essential oils and other flavor
compounds relevant to Company products.
• Flavor Industry Knowledge: Knowledge of flavoring materials, the flavor
industry and the trade
organizations that represent them.
• Computer Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft suite of programs (Word, Excel,
formula/database type systems, and capable user.
• Basic Organic Chemistry: Knowledge of basic organic structures,
reactions, functional groups and properties
needed to understand the reactions of organic compounds in Company
products. This includes the understanding
of moderately complex principles in order to problem‐solve package or ingredient
• Endurance: Willingness and ability to occasionally function effectively
over extended periods of time. Ability to
be flexible and adjust priorities based on business needs.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and
dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of
nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day.
Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and
respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal
Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or
applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national
origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state
or local protected class.