The comprehensive food
safety information website
Food Scientist – Monticello, MN
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
In this role, the individual will work with other scientists to plan and execute product/process research and development to support Cargill Protein’s business strategy of Customer Focused Innovation (CFI) across the food service channel. The focus of these projects will be to drive new products, services, and solutions that align with our customer’s strategy. This individual must be willing to develop, maintain, and foster deep and meaningful relationships with the customer and become experts in all areas that our products touch (operations, distribution, in-restaurant execution, and sensory). The individual will work closely with the General Managers, Commercialization, Operations, Marketing, Sales, Consumer Insights, and Food Safety Quality and Regulatory (FSQR) personnel throughout the development cycle.
The purpose of this position is to provide technical expertise, deep customer knowledge, and creativity and to: 1) New product development for product line growth, 2) Process development for the creation of new capabilities, 3) Creation and protection of new and existing IP, 4) Involvement in business project review teams.
50% Research and develop innovative customer focused new products, services, and solutions that align with Cargill and the customer’s strategies.
30% Provide technical leadership in product and process development, quality improvement, quality systems, and regulatory oversight.
10% Provide on-site customer support through product evaluations, panels, trainings, and meetings.
10% Develop working knowledge on current systems used in Cargill including PPM, Innovation – NPSS, IP, etc.
· A bachelor’s of science degree in a technical field (e.g. food chemistry, chemistry, chemical engineering, animal/meat science).
· A minimum of 2 years' experience in new product development, commercialization of new products, and/or research.
· A minimum of 5 years' experience in new product development, commercialization of new products, and/or research (preferred)
· A minimum of 2 years' experience in an operations setting.
· Highly motivated individual with a strong background in scientific procedure, creative thinking and problem solving, and project management skills are required. Data analysis, experimental design, technical writing and effective vocal communication skills are also required.
· Strong understand of basic unit operations including pasteurizes, mixers, homogenizers, ovens, freezers, etc.
· This position requires a high level of proficiency using Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Previous experience with statistical software (preferred).
· Travel – Yes – Routine – 25%
· Ability to lift 25 lbs
· BS in technical field (e.g. chemistry, food chemistry, chemical engineering, animal/meat science).
· MS/PhD in technical field (preferred).
· Operations/Plant experience (minimum of 2 years).
· Product development through a commercialization process (minimum of 2 years).
· Culinary training (preferred).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Research and Development
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com