The comprehensive food
safety information website
Scientist IV- Food Science - FL - Apopka
JOB ID 29270
LOCATION(S) United States
CITY/CITIES FL - Apopka
SPECIFIC LOCATION US-FL-APOPKA-LAB R&D
JOB POSTING END DATE Jan 9, 2015
Are you a LinkedIn Member? Use your profile to help you apply.
DESCRIPTION & REQUIREMENTS:
The Food Scientist will work in the Apopka Juice Center and will manage Juice product development projects from their initiation to completion. This will require ability to conduct concept development, product development, stability assessment, assist with launch preparation and supervision of commercial production for juices, fruit smoothies, juice drinks and other beverage products to meet the business requirements internally and with customers.
Design, develop, conduct and/or review experiments in order to deliver new products: evaluate ingredients, product or packaging safety, efficacy or claims. This work will involve laboratory and pilot plant environments.
Effectively interact with cross-functional teams, build and develop relationships with internal and external customers and work collaboratively. He/She should demonstrate the communication skills necessary to educate, assess needs, identify and resolve product issues, and achieve business results.
The ideal candidate needs to have completed a Food Science curriculum, have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Food industry (3 of which should be with juices), understand and apply effective skills in project management, food chemistry, food process technology, microbiology, sensory science, record keeping and laboratory safety.
Job Profile: Function Specific Activities:
• Design, develop, conduct and/or review experiments (e.g., laboratory or process experiments) in order to deliver new products; evaluate ingredient, product or packaging safety, efficacy or claims; or evaluate new ingredients, materials, products or processes. Act as scientific, regulatory, technical or quality expert and consultant by responding to targeted questions from the field or other departments/ business units and providing support to branches, bottlers and customers. This includes acting as a resource for general information and acting as a consultant for other technical personnel in the Company.
• Access and utilize internal/external relationships to deliver science, technology and product innovation, and to support ingredient supply. Provide food science and beverage technology support and consultancy to other departments within the organization.
• Manage documentation and records in order to ensure that they are complete, current, secure and easily retrievable. This may include designing, organizing or maintaining technical or regulatory records (e.g., paper formula files) and reports.
Identify, classify, maintain, and protect files, documentation and sensitive information consistent with record handling and retention requirements.
• Record data from analyses or experiments in a computer, log book or laboratory notebook.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree/Master’s Degree preferred
Related Work Experience: At least 5-10 years of work experience (at least 3 working with juices) required.
Drive Innovation: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business (encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
Collaboration: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
Act Like an Owner: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders.
Inspire Others: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
Develop Self & Others: Develop self and support others’ development to achieve full potential.
• Intellectual Property: Knowledge of securing intellectual property rights through patents, negotiations with technology owners, securing competitive agreements and maintaining confidentiality.
• Proprietary Composition Information: Ability to recognize and protect proprietary information as it relates to formulas and ingredients.
• Basic Project Management: Knowledge of project management principles and the ability to apply the principles, tools and techniques to develop/plan, manage or execute projects or workplans to ensure successful completion (e.g., on time, within budget).
• Building Technical Relationships: Ability to apply technical knowledge and establish credibility with highly technical audiences in order to build technical relationships that will benefit customers or the Company.
• Endurance: Willingness and ability to occasionally function effectively over extended periods of time.
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com