The comprehensive food
safety information website
FSQA Specification Specialists – Remote, USA
ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery®, Otis Spunkmeyer®, and Oakrun Farm Bakery®. We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 26 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers’ expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
ARYZTA Americas operates one of the largest specialty bakery businesses servicing all major customers in the retail, foodservice, QSR and convenience store channels.
The Americas Structure includes five operating Business Units: Brazil, Canada, Brand, US Specialty Bakery and US Consumer Foods, which are serviced by five Americas Central Support Functions covering areas such as Food Safety & Quality Assurance, Environmental Health & Safety, Sustainability, HR, Legal, IT, Finance Shared Services, Procurement, Category Management, and Commercialization.
The FSQA Specification Specialist has primary responsibility to work with bakery FSQA and Operations team to develop and effectively implement Process Compliance and Manufacturing Specifications as part of the Food Safety and Quality Assurance programs outlined in AIMS. Identify improvement in processes and policy company-wide to improve quality of food items produced by ARZTA.
Working in collaboration with cross-functional partnerships at the bakery and corporate level and create actionable conclusions and persuasive recommendations to guide food safety and quality.
The FSQA Specification Specialist is responsible for creating manufacturing and processing specifications for various food items produced by ARYZTA. The FSQA Specification Specialist reports directly to the FSQA Technical Services Director. The FSQA Specification Specialist provides support to other leaders in Operations, Innovation, and Commercialization as needed.
· Meet performance expectations for Process and specification compliance, regulatory compliance, and Aryzta Integrated Management System (AIMS) programs in conjunction with FSQA Technical Services Director.
· Responsible for providing input including Process Compliance and Manufacturing Specifications, AIMS programs and creating improvement strategies for the business.
· Responsible for assisting with the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) standards (i.e. BRC, SQF) implementation and recertification in bakeries and where needed.
· Responsible for ensuring bakery management teams have adequate manufacturing specifications in place for all food items produced.
· Responsible for designing the manufacturing specifications around established AIMS formats, which best fit each bakery operation.
· Responsible for ensuring specifications are populated with key process parameters, photographs, equipment settings, allowable ranges and limits to produce gold standard food items.
· Responsible for assessing compliance to these specifications and providing progress up-dates to bakery and corporate teams.
· Responsible for scheduling and completing periodic validation as per customer or GFSI requirements in conjunction with FSQA Technical Services Director.
· Responsible for ensuring that customer specific Process Specifications are accurate, achievable and implemented.
· Responsible for verification of recipes against SAP BOM and MII specifications during development of manufacturing specifications.
· Responsible for training Bakery Management, Supervisors and operators on the Manufacturing Specification Program and the importance of full process control and compliance in delivering gold standard foods to our customers.
· Supports new food development and the implementation of strategies to improve food specifications by working collaboratively with Innovation, Commercialization, Operations and customers.
· Knowledgeable and responsible for overseeing implementation of process controls to ensure adherence to ARYZTA’s Net Weight Verification Procedure including federal laws governing net weight and labeling.
· Responsible for maintaining brand integrity through focus on food safety, quality and legality, in line with ARYZTA expectations and guidelines.
· Complete Oven Validation studies in each ANA bakeries with support/training from FSQA Technical Services Director and DVP, FSQA Innovation (corporate microbiologist).
· Provide technical support to bakery teams as needed.
· Support the review and approval of in process and finished foods specifications.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
· Excellent communication, time management and organization skills
· Able to work unsupervised and manage independently
· Ability to function strategically and handle multiple projects simultaneously
· Proficient in computers including spreadsheets, statistical programs, and SAP applications
· Good writing, statistics (SPC and charting), analytical, and critical thinking skills
· Detail oriented and be able to work independently
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Food Engineering, Chemistry, Food Technology or related discipline required, and particular experience with manufacturing QA
· 1 - 2 years food industry manufacturing or quality experience including multi-site leadership experience
· Strong statistical analysis, interpretation and reporting skills
· Exceptional written and verbal communication Preferred Minimum of 1 year comprehensive food processing, food safety and quality experience with an extensive background in manufacturing food industry, HACCP, USDA, or FDA
Preferred Physical Requirements
· Regularly required to stand, walk and climb
· Lifting or carrying heavy pans/kitchen equipment
· Working in awkward positions and performing repetitive tasksWork Environment
· The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts
· The noise level in the work environment is often moderate to loud
· Travel is necessary and possibly outside of the U.S.
· Informally coach and mentor department associates
· Support company initiatives and policies
· Stay current in scientific discipline/field of expertise
· Conduct all activities in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), and all required company policies and procedures
· Work flexible hours based on business need
· Additional duties as assigned.
Remote, , United States
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com