The comprehensive food
safety information website
Research & Development
Technician (Chocolate & Confectionary) Medford, OR
* Bachelor of Arts/Science program, preferably majoring in Food Science or related field of study OR Completion of Culinary or Confectionary School program or equivalent years of related work experience required.
* 6 months - 2+ years of experience in a (test) kitchen and/or a R&D function within a food company preferred
* Knowledge and understanding of development within a chocolate/confections/bakery environment required.
* Able to lift 30 lb boxes
* Strong analytical, project management, and problem solving skills with proven ability to organize and analyze data
* Be extremely focused and driven on learning and growth
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel
* Strong communication and relationship building skills
* Teamwork-oriented, dedicated to support the team
* Ability to work within a collaborative and ambiguous environment
* Demonstrated time-management and multi-tasking skills.
* Comfort with communicating with internal partners at all levels and as well as an external audience.
Harry & David is a
leading gourmet gift company and a top 100 Internet Retailer. With a 75-year
reputation for genuine farm-to-table freshness and unsurpassed quality, Harry
& David is legendary for products such as the Fruit-of-the-Month Club®
gifts, Royal Riviera® Pears, Oregold® Peaches, and
Moose Munch® gourmet caramel popcorn made exclusively in our own
Why Harry & David? We are the nation's foremost purveyor of gourmet fruit and food gifts through our premier direct marketing and e-commerce techniques. We offer a great corporate culture, competitive salary, and benefits package including medical, dental, and vision. If you love our gourmet food as much as we do, you will also enjoy our generous employee discount on all of our delectable Harry & David products.
Harry & David is part of the 1-800-Flowers.com Family of Brands (www.1800flowers.com).
The Research &Development Technician will develop new bakery as well as confectionary products. During the development process, the R&D Technician will document all required information to be in compliance with internal as well as external regulatory guidelines. This position will then take the product from bench top to production manufacturing in collaboration with the manufacturing teams.
The position will also part-take in projects during which documentation and follow up are essential to the success of the assigned project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Major responsibilities of the R&D Technician position are listed below. Other duties, assignments and specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of management.
* Create formulations and bench top samples for internal customers -- quickly, accurately, and within agreed time frame.
* Hands on bench top work in the lab working with compound and chocolate coatings as well as baked goods.
* Complete detailed documentation of all research projects.
* Communicate directly with internal customers regarding projects, applications, specification, and manufacturing issues.
* Procure technical documentation for new raw materials and evaluate feasibility of requested products.
* Develop technical specifications and process specifications.
* Conduct research for quality improvements, cost optimization, process improvement and innovative ingredient and process technologies.
* Assist with internal and external customer technical issues regarding ingredients, formulation, and manufacturing.
* Assist and work on formulating and manufacturing confectionary and bakery items in a small scale lab environment.
* Perform all tasks assigned by manager, while following all company, safety, and quality policies and procedures.
* Other duties as assigned.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org