Flavor Research Scientist-1301997 - IL-Glenview
Kraft Foods Group is one of the most admired and largest food and beverage businesses in North America. We’re also one of the largest worldwide among publicly traded consumer packaged food and beverage companies, based on our 2012 combined net revenues of $18.7 billion.
We manufacture and market food and beverage products, including convenient meals, Refreshment beverages and coffee, cheese and other grocery products, primarily in the United States and Canada, under a host of iconic brands. Our product categories span breakfast, lunch and dinner meal occasions, both at home and in foodservice locations.
Our diverse brand portfolio consists of many of the most popular food brands in North America, Including three brands with annual net revenues exceeding $1 billion each – Kraft cheeses, dinners and dressings; Oscar Mayer meats; and Maxwell House coffees – plus over 20 brands with annual net revenues of between $100 million and $1 billion each.
In the United States, based on dollar share in 2012, we hold the number one branded share position in a majority of our 50 product categories, as well as in 18 of our top 20 product categories. We hold the number two branded share position in the other two product categories.
The primary responsibilities of this position are as follows:
· Lead flavor research projects to deliver flavor fundamentals for key business priorities
· Interface with product developers and other research functions to develop hypotheses and experimental plans to lead key flavor research initiatives
· Interpret and correlate data through collaboration with product development, consumer & sensory science and statistics
· Lead taste applications research
· Develop and execute experimental plans to validate hypotheses on taste modulation
· Stay apprised of and translate/apply industry developments in taste modulation to products
· Apply flavor solutions to address flavor needs for business priorities, which may include rebalancing flavor in a product matrix, reformulating flavors, etc.
· Develop/maintain a network of external resources for potential collaborations
· Deep understanding of flavor creation and flavor materials
· Strong experience in flavor application and product formulation
· Knowledge in flavor generation, interactions between flavor- matrix, aroma-taste, and different taste modalities
· Project Management, interpersonal, and leadership skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Master or Bachelor’s degree in Flavor Chemistry, Chemistry, Food Science, or a related field preferred
· Certified flavor chemist or significant training/apprenticeship as a flavor chemist preferred
· Minimum 5-year experience in the flavor industry
Kraft Foods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Kraft recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com