Kerry is looking for individuals who have a chemistry, food science, food
engineering or chemical engineering background to work in our growing Meat
The successful candidate applies scientific and engineering principles in
research, development, production technology, quality control, packaging,
processing, and utilization of foods by performing the following duties.
- Conducts basic research and new product research and development of
- Develops new and improved methods and systems for food processing,
production, quality control, packaging, and distribution.
- Studies methods to improve quality of foods such as flavor, color,
texture, nutritional value, convenience, or physical, chemical, and
microbiological composition of foods. - Develops food standards, safety and
sanitary regulations, and waste management and water supply specifications.
- Tests new products in test kitchen and develops specific processing
methods in laboratory pilot plant.
- Confers with process engineers, flavor experts, and packaging and marketing
specialists to resolve problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform
each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Candidates
must be able to lift 50 pounds, periodically climb ladders or stairs, and
- Bachelors or Masterís degree in Chemistry, Food Science or related
- This role will be based in Beloit, Wisconsin for 1-2 months, then
relocate for 6-12 months to work in Kerry's facility in Crossville, Tennesse. All individuals will be required to be mobile
and may be required to work at more than one Kerry site throughout the USA.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating
and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and
statistical inference, and fundamentals of chemistry.
-Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and
proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish
facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in
mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free
workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.